The joke's on me...

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Wolf mom, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Wolf mom

Wolf mom Well-Known Member

"QUALITY PLASTIC ANIMALS

FOR YOUR QUALITY OF LIFE'.​

Picture this:
    serene pasture with mountains in the background, gal riding a horse in the middle of grazing longhorns.....​

as seen on pg. 55 Sept/Oct issue Hobby Farms

www.schleich-s.com

I want...

2. second_noah

second_noah Local Yokel

OK, one of the more odd websites I've ever seen, but WAY COOL animals! :D I get the impression these are small models, like Breyer Horses right? I was halfway expecting them to be life size lawn ornaments that your kids could play on or something...

3. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

that company is very near us!! actualy on the route we are taking tomorrow night to the tool store. will have to see if i can locate their store,very neat animals!

4. donsgal

donsgal Nohoa Homestead

People who make their whole website out of flash should be shot and then peed on.

donsgal
    24k dialup access

5. sylvar

sylvar Well-Known Member

Donsgal...thank you for the best laugh I have had today.

Shane

6. MullersLaneFarm

MullersLaneFarm Well-Known Member

We have a number of Schleich farm animals. We started collecting them before we had our farmstead.

The animals are small (a few inches) but very, very well made and very life like. They are not proportionate with each other (the poultry are as big as the bovine).

7. Wolf mom

Wolf mom Well-Known Member

What caught my eye was equating quality of life (especially for homesteaders) with plastic animals :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I did think they were lifesize, cause I just got finished leafing through a magazine that sells bird decoys and lifesize deer, elk, bear, etc. for target practice. :shrug:

I've also been coveting a full size, rearing fiberglass palomino over a tack store. (visualize drool face here)

But I want an elephant- lifesize.

8. CraftyDiva

CraftyDiva Is anybody here?

A little OT..........

The full size farm animals reminds me of "Ballykissangel" (PBS show about life in a small town in Ireland). One day the tax man was going to be flying over the farms to check if the land was being used as said (tax breaks). This old (the man must be in his 70's) sheep farmer heard about this. Got all excited and started to run around his land putting out wooden saw horses with sheep skins draped over them. He had sold most of his sheep long ago but still wanted the tax breaks. So when the tax guy flys over all he sees are white sheepskins all over the pastures looking like the real thing. The farmer got his tax break, I thought this was pretty funny, he could use some life sized sheep statues to help him out.

I guess it's one of those, "You had to be there" things.

9. Little Quacker in OR

Little Quacker in OR Well-Known Member

Shame, shame...first you pee on them, THEN you shoot them. LOL :cowboy: LQ ...... ROFL

10. Spotted Crow

Spotted Crow Well-Known Member

The ones I want are on the ancient animals page...Love that glyptodon...I've actually seen these in a specialty store near me. The equate with the Club Earth/Safari Limited animals.