Homesteading Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,505 Posts
I’m case anyone hasn’t read it, Brave New World may be the one book as illuminating of our current ills as Orwell’s 1984, and is available, in its entirety, for free here:

It’s a quick read.
It's a quick read between pauses to primally scream at the realization that Huxley had an eerie level of prescience.

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
It's a quick read between pauses to primally scream at the realization that Huxley had an eerie level of prescience.
Orwell, Huxley and Rand seem to have precognition, but it’s only because they were well-read and the Marxists were saying they wanted to do all these things; just in underground writings and relatively obscure academic papers. Orwell, Huxley and Rand saw the danger of what the Marxists said they were planning to do, and wrote their novels as warnings to everyone else to sit up and take notice.

The general public mostly just stuck to the government and media generated view of who the communists were and what they were doing, and took Orwell, Huxley and Randy’s work as fantasy or even wild conspiracy theory. In reality, though, the Marxists are only doing precisely what they’ve spent the last 100 years telling us they’d do.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Marxists are only doing precisely what they’ve spent the last 100 years telling us they’d do.
They seem to have shed their proletariat v. bourgeois schtick. Don't you think they have become a little more circumspect? They now seem to use race and gender (identity politics) as their protagonist. Or, are they using globalism v. nationalism?

Marxists have become more sly.

Reactions: JeffreyD and Pony

·
I calls em like I sees em
14,170 Posts
Well if you are going to go against biology you might as well go all the way...

Reactions: Pony

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
They seem to have shed their proletariat v. bourgeois schtick. Don't you think they have become a little more circumspect? They now seem to use race and gender (identity politics) as their protagonist. Or, are they using globalism v. nationalism?

Marxists have become more sly.
They haven’t really shed their, as you put it, proletariat v. bourgeois schtick. At its base, that was really just a distinction according to oppressor and oppressed. They’ve changed the language on the oppressor to “privileged”, but the structure of the argument and its targets are really unchanged.

By transforming the “oppressor” into the “privileged”, they soften their antagonism toward the oppressor and, as they’ve demonstrated, can actually get their professed enemy to participate in their play without ever absolving the enemy of their guilt.

When they were trying to sow division in the theater of Monarhy(oligarchy) the rich vs the poor was a perfectly suitable battle line. Now that they’ve won that battle and are working to establish their own oligarchy, with power doled out along lines of conformity, they needed to broaden their target definitions a little.

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
I think the only thing to do, really, is to keep reaching out to people we can reach out to. Right now there is a diverse bunch of Americans in Qatar cheering on Team USA. I'm not sure why the team looked so stiff during the national anthem, rather than proud, but the fans there are proud, and we can rally behind that, win or lose.

·
Registered
151 Posts
An exceptionally useless fool that I'm sure liberals worship.
This is a stunt that rightwing radio talk show hosts use to make their knee jerk listeners vibrate. They find some obscure individual who is on the fringe, try to associate the individual with all liberals and then pound it. These radio hosts are adept at pounding issues that anger their listeners.

Why do they want to engender anger in their listeners? Anger generates adrenaline. Adrenaline is addictive. So the knee jerks keeping tuning in to get their anger induced adrenaline fix.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
This is a stunt that rightwing radio talk show hosts use to make their knee jerk listeners vibrate. They find some obscure individual who is on the fringe, try to associate the individual with all liberals and then pound it. These radio hosts are adept at pounding issues that anger their listeners.

Why do they want to engender anger in their listeners? Anger generates adrenaline. Adrenaline is addictive. So the knee jerks keeping tuning in to get their anger induced adrenaline fix.

·
Registered
16,627 Posts

I know exactly what you mean. OMG,I was just having the same thoughts this morning. CNN had been blasting out about some shooter that killed 5 people in Colorado and wounded 17 others almost constantly. They were calling it a hate crime and riling folks up. I was just waiting for protests and violence and more people to get hurt as a result. Fortunately, the media discovered the shooter identified as non-binary and the reporting slammed to an immediate halt.

·
Registered
10,175 Posts

That’s so funny you should say that, @Heritagefarm, I mean, @Red one, I mean @Roy Gilbert .

Here’s AOC proudly and openly blaming Lauren Boebert for inciting anti “LGBT hate” that supposedly inspired a right-wing ultra-mega-maga doody head to shoot up a gay nightclub… except the murderer turned out to be “non-binary” left wing loon.

AOC, who holds a shepherd’s role in the left wing narrative, chose to place the blame on Lauren Boebert just because she happens to be a representative from Colorado, which became quite inconvenient once it was discovered that the murderer was one of your fellow Marxists… yet her tweet still stands.

What we’re you saying about sketchy tactics on the right, again?

·
Registered
151 Posts
That’s so funny you should say that, @Heritagefarm, I mean, @Red one, I mean @Roy Gilbert .

Here’s AOC proudly and openly blaming Lauren Boebert for inciting anti “LGBT hate” that supposedly inspired a right-wing ultra-mega-maga doody head to shoot up a gay nightclub… except the murderer turned out to be “non-binary” left wing loon.

AOC, who holds a shepherd’s role in the left wing narrative, chose to place the blame on Lauren Boebert just because she happens to be a representative from Colorado, which became quite inconvenient once it was discovered that the murderer was one of your fellow Marxists… yet her tweet still stands.

What we’re you saying about sketchy tactics on the right, again?

Understand that what you posted does not negate what I posted. You post was more like the adolescent ... "nananana your side does it too"
And us a bit of common sense ... the non-binary thing is simply something cooked up by the defense to combat hate crimes charges.

Cute how you throw out words to attack, without any cause to do so (marxist). You are truly in the lil donnie school of cheap attacks

·
Registered
151 Posts
No, not quite. Putting your post into perspective, woke hate crime is the norm, not the exception.
Focus on the Family vandalized after Club Q shooting: "Blood on your hands"
My OP was about the half witlessness of rightwing talk show host and their listeners
Curious how desperate the right is to re-identify right wing terrorists as libs. They did that with the Pelosi attacker and are now trying to do the same with the Colorado shooter. My advice to the right ... put on your big boy pants and own your crazies

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Or, when most of us see the obvious, you might try using a wee bit of rationed thought and reason. It could be eye opening.
You simply CANNOT reason with them. CANNOT

Reactions: homesteadforty
606 Posts
I’m case anyone hasn’t read it, Brave New World may be the one book as illuminating of our current ills as Orwell’s 1984, and is available, in its entirety, for free here:

It’s a quick read.
I do not understand where we parted.

When i read "Brave New World" it was a cautionary tale, now it appears to be an instruction manual

Masks, removing others from pictures, worshiping yourself, isolating and abusing children,...
What went wrong?

606 Posts

To be honest, this is not fringe.

The democrat partei has been pushing abortion after birth, or at least up to birth, amongst other things.

and the pedo stuff is becoming moor and more of a thing. Some advertizer just got wacked for promoting kiddie abuse to sell bags. SICK

21 - 40 of 43 Posts