Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Once famously wrote a book titled “It Takes A Village.” One feminist scholar is taking that argument one step further, arguing children should be raised by society rather than just their parents.

An expert on “feminist, trans and queer politics and philosophy,” scholar Sophie Lewis on Nov. 16 spoke at UMass Boston at an event named after her October 2022 book, “Abolish the Family: A Manifesto for Care and Liberation.”

“We all deserve better than the family, Lewis argues, and it’s up to all of us to build new forms of solidarity and care that reach beyond biology or even kin, even if we don’t know quite what they’ll look like. Abolish the Family will make you want to find out,” one stated.

Lewis, in her interview with Verso, said the “left needs to get a little bit braver also at challenging the rhetoric of motherhood.”

• Sad
Reactions: FirstLast

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
Once famously wrote a book titled “It Takes A Village.” One feminist scholar is taking that argument one step further, arguing children should be raised by society rather than just their parents.

An expert on “feminist, trans and queer politics and philosophy,” scholar Sophie Lewis on Nov. 16 spoke at UMass Boston at an event named after her October 2022 book, “Abolish the Family: A Manifesto for Care and Liberation.”

“We all deserve better than the family, Lewis argues, and it’s up to all of us to build new forms of solidarity and care that reach beyond biology or even kin, even if we don’t know quite what they’ll look like. Abolish the Family will make you want to find out,” one stated.

Lewis, in her interview with Verso, said the “left needs to get a little bit braver also at challenging the rhetoric of motherhood.”
An exceptionally useless fool that I'm sure liberals worship.

·
Registered
16,626 Posts
University MassBoston. Just down the road from Boston Children's Hospital, where the scalpels and scissors are made ready for kids they deem ready for their gender affirmation program.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The far left steps out of the shadows. They now boldly say what so many have long suspected. Those that were suspicious of the state's larger and larger role in rearing our children were conspiracy nuts. Once again the conspiracy is proven true.

The far left grows bolder and still we stay silent.

According to the left if you criticize gender mutilation in children you are inciting violence. The left is now trying to normalize pedophilia. I am proud to recognize the conspiracy. Just be quiet and don't tell anyone.

Reactions: crabappleplum

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m case anyone hasn’t read it, Brave New World may be the one book as illuminating of our current ills as Orwell’s 1984, and is available, in its entirety, for free here:

It’s a quick read.
My attention to detail is somewhat stunted.

I did not read your post closely enough to realize you posted the book. I was getting ready to order it. Now I can read it online. Thanks

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
My attention to detail is somewhat stunted.

I did not read your post closely enough to realize you posted the book. I was getting ready to order it. Now I can read it online. Thanks
If someone wanted an effective tactic to stop the rot, as you previously put it, they’d find a way to give every attendee of that seminar a copy of BNW.

Only the dimmest in that seminar (which, let’s be honest with ourselves, they did make time to attend that) could come away from that reading not realizing exactly what they were being set up for.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Basically, anything GOOD the left is against it;

God, theyre against it
the family, they're against it
hardwork/prosperity/wealth, they're against it
Freedom of speech, they're against it
sports, they're against it
The automobile
hamburgers
ice cream
fitness [ which is now "body shaming" ]

You name it, pick anything good, they hate it. Really its funny when you think about it. What it seems to come down to is that they hate life and the whole world.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If someone wanted an effective tactic to stop the rot, as you previously put it, they’d find a way to give every attendee of that seminar a copy of BNW.

Only the dimmest in that seminar (which, let’s be honest with ourselves, they did make time to attend that) could come away from that reading not realizing exactly what they were being set up for.
I have come to the conclusion that those leaning left cannot be reeled in by reason.

My only question is how far to the left can one be and still be corrected by thought and reason. Consider the left right spectrum in degrees of 1 to 101. 1 being far left. I fear those 40 and below are lost causes.

Using that scale, I don't think anyone can be a 50.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Basically, anything GOOD the left is against it;

God, theyre against it
the family, they're against it
hardwork/prosperity/wealth, they're against it
Freedom of speech, they're against it
sports, they're against it
The automobile
hamburgers
ice cream
fitness [ which is now "body shaming" ]

You name it, pick anything good, they hate it. Really its funny when you think about it. What it seems to come down to is that they hate life and the whole world.
From @GunMonkeyIntl 's book..
Major instruments of social stability.

I take that to mean, if you remove all possibility of dissent, you create social stability.

·
Registered
16,626 Posts
My only question is how far to the left can one be and still be corrected by thought and reason. Consider the left right spectrum in degrees of 1 to 101. 1 being far left. I fear those 40 and below are lost causes.

Using that scale, I don't think anyone can be a 50.
There are a few members here that use thought and reason like a Christmas sweater.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sure they do. They just make it out as something else.
Sort of like traditional marriage.
You missed my meaning, or I missed yours

A Christmas sweater is worn rarely. A person that does not celebrate Christmas would never wear a Christmas sweater.

Translated - Some rarely think. Some never think.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Some families are broken. A mitigating force in that problem used to be grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, big gatherings, and you knew your neighbors....

Now it's either your grandparents live 400 miles away, your one cousin is 20 years older and couldn't care less..... Or your grandparents are raising you, mom is trash, and dad lives 300 miles away and is also trash, you have lots of extended family but they're all trash too.

And nobody really talks to their neighbors.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts