Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The curtain is 1/2 of the ice portion of the stage curtain
The Christmas Tree is showing the green side fully extended to the ceiling.
It starts out about 12 feet (1/2 this size), then grows.

This is what the white side looks like just after I finished hand tacking 7 strands of white lights to it. There are 7 strands on the green side, but I had a helper with that side with tacking on the Christmas lights.

This is the curtain fully extended, all three pieces. Approximately 125 feet across if you count the rink wall to the bleachers side. That's the part closest to the camera.

If you click on any of the photos, it will take you to the webshots album that will let you see me starting to sew on the curtain, and then the tree, and Ta! Da! - My Christmas tree and project.

I'm happy I did it.
This was for love - I didn't make any money off of any of it, and may have spent a little.
The curtain cost approx $600 total.
The tree, less the lights cost approx. $37.
All this started first part of October this year.

Angie

·
Trainer of kids, dogs and horses...fears nothing
8,598 Posts
Yippee! I'm first to say--

Wow!!

Angie, that is incredible how much you've accomplished and how fast.

Both projects look beautiful. Congratulations! :)

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
Wow! Very impressive Angie!:rock:

·
notenoughtime
540 Posts
You did a wonderful job. Did you sit and just stare for awhile? Or did you feel exhausted after seeing them up?
You should be very proud for a job WELL DONE.:banana02:

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You did a wonderful job. Did you sit and just stare for awhile? Or did you feel exhausted after seeing them up?
You should be very proud for a job WELL DONE.:banana02:
The curtain I finished sewing Nov 22, so I had time to relax and get good and ready to see it up. There was talking with the director as to the length, as the black one was cut too short at one time when they changed how it was first hung. So I measured this one about 10 times before cutting the length and I put a 4 inch hem in it. So, I was ready to see it on the ice.
And the reason for so many photos, I have to have it where I can look at it and say "I DID IT!"

The Christmas tree body was built/sewn and someone else took it to put the horizontal ribs in it. I thought they were going to decorate it. But Monday night I got email about helping to sew the lights on it. It was first suppose to be in the lobby and lots of Moms helping to sew - well.... it was not a good place, and I could get the conference room again. Only one Mom came up to help me. She did 1/2 the green side, I did the rest. And this Mom is the one that would like for me to come to her house and teach her sewing.
Or take classes at the rink.
I was anxious about the tree, as I sewed the last on it about 1pm and we hung it at 3pm and dress rehearsal was to start at 4:30pm yesterday.

Tonight, I had to tack two or three places back. This tree starts about 12 ft, then goes full height of 19" - 20" feet, then at intermission is turned to the white side and the green side lights go off, and the white side ones go on. Then when Clara's thrown for the Land of Suites comes on it parks in front of the tree, and it completely collapses on the ice, turned so the green side will come up later, then when the 'dream' is over and the land of sweets changes back into the house living room, the green tree grows all the way up, and lights turn back on. So this tree takes two people full time to take care of all the cues and up's and downs. I'm on head set getting cues from tech director and getting things/people cued to go on to skate, move props, up or down tree, etc.

But when they hung the curtain I let out a Whoop and I just stared at the tree when I first saw it. It's much more impressive at ground level.

In a few minutes I'll upload the photo of me in front of it down and then up before the show tonight.

Angie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts