The Heirloom Gardener Magazine

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by warden1, Jan 14, 2004.

1. warden1

warden1 Well-Known Member

Has anyone read this magazine? I saw it in the Baker Creek catalog was thinking of ordering a copy. Just wondering if anyone had checked it out already and what they thought of it.

2. Sonda in Ks.

Sonda in Ks. Well-Known Member

Hubby & I are planning on ordering the magazine for a year--I have never seen one /only on the web page for Baker Creek--we also want to go to the Spring Heriloom Garden Show at Baker Creek Farms in April of this year----We have never gone before or ever been there before- but have that in our plans to do this Spring-----has any one else been there????????????
    Sonda in Ks.

3. Shahbazin

Shahbazin Well-Known Member

I saw a copy a friend of mine had, & it looked really good - I intend to send in a subscription!

4. gefozarks

gefozarks Well-Known Member

Sondra and others that are planning to go to the spring festival at Baker Creek many of those that have been going to Buffalo point in Arkansas will be ther and I hope to be as I only live about 11 miles from them.

5. warden1

warden1 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for the feedback! I think I will order the one copy for $3.00 and try it out. I just hated to waste the money if it was really bad. I would love to go to the show but I doubt I will be able to. I love thier catalog and have been very pleased with thier seeds.

6. Sonda in Ks.

Sonda in Ks. Well-Known Member

This is Sonda in Ks. & I hope to meet those from the forum at the Spring Show!
    Hubby & I are still planning on attending!! We will be bringing our motor home to stay in- & dry docking--I'm bringing my washboard to play with the group who play music!! See ya there--------

7. gefozarks

gefozarks Well-Known Member

Sonda how about putting up a big banner so those of us from here can have kind of a point to meet?

8. violets

violets Member

I know this is an old thread but I was searching for comments regarding the Heirloom Gardener Magazine. Did any of you subscribe? And what do you think?

Were you able to meet at the festival? Did you enjoy your visit?

I thought that if you've been able to check it out and you like it, your comments would be greatly appreciated at the Garden Watchdog for the magazine:
    Garden Watchdog

or you may want to consider writing a letter to the editor which might be published!
    seeds@rareseeds.com

You can also rate the magazine here.

It's so refreshing to hear positivity in the world today... and people like me can have the opportunity to view comments from fellow gardeners.

:)

Fellow gardener & heirloom enthusiast,

Violet

9. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Guest

They sent me a complimentary copy of the first issue when it came out. I liked it right well and intend to subscribe if ever we can get money ahead for a subscription.

.....Alan.

10. zealot

zealot Soli Deo Gloria

I write regularly for the Heirloom Gardener magazine.

11. kens

kens Well-Known Member

I've got two copies so far and am well pleased with the mag.

12. tomakers

tomakers Tomato Lover

I have a current subscription and plan on renewing. It can be a little "preachy", but the growing articles are good.
    Does anyone know of any other good gardening magazines?
    OG used to be good, but has gone pretty much down the tubes IMO.
    Mother is too much homesteading for me. I am too old to start now, and I like central heating. :)

13. fretti

fretti Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check this one out.

A magazine I recently discovered is in the "Edible" series. Here's a link to the towns that are served. Every single article in the magazine was spot on and well suited to the homesteading lifestyle.

14. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

I would like to make it to the spring festival also it's about 3 hours away I guess. I will try to bring my best gardening buddy.If we HTers go should we wear a little tag or something how are we going to recognize each other?