Homesteading Forum banner

The gov knew they couldn’t handle an epidemic

1K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  HDRider 
#1 ·
In 2001, a mock epidemic exercise was carried out by the US government.

Results of the experiment:
“In addition to the possibility of massive civilian casualties, Dark Winter outlined the possible breakdown in essential institutions, resulting in a loss of confidence in government, followed by civil disorder, and a violation of democratic processes by authorities attempting to restore order.”

#2 ·
Well, isn't that nice. And I'm sure the results were buried someplace. Glad it was dug out and you posted about it.

The US is not prepared for much if something happens on our soil. We are reactive instead of proactive as we, the masses, have been lulled into a false sense of security.

#4 ·
#3 ·
The last one that China had a few years ago it was decided not to develope anything because it may not get to the U.S. A few others they had over in Chine years ago never got here, However close attention was paid to anyone comming in from China. This time they decided to wait again however it didn't work. When knowen it was here the government said don't worry it is under control and won't spread. It could have been mostly prevented in the U.S. if property steps were enfored in Feb. when it first started.

#6 · (Edited)
The bad thing with our goverment is each time we change leaders, policy changes. Our elected officials have forgotten their job is to serve the public and make policy to protect their constituents. Instead they prefer to fight among themselves and follow their own agenda. I don't see the situation getting any better. Out of all the people in the nation the political parties seem to be very good at picking the worst person to lead the country.

#23 ·
I did not attack you. You post in a way that no one knows who you are replying too. I replied in kind thinking you were replying to me. You said you weren't so I took down my reply.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.