Homesteading Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Again people, Fla Gal did not go out hunting the dog with a truck. She didn't purposely run the dog over. The dog was in the road and couldn't be avoided and got hit. It was coincidence that it was the offending dog. She's an animal lover and wouldn't go out of her way to run the dog over. It couldn't be avoided. It's narrow, dark road, sharp curve and a black dog. That's a recipe for the dog to get hit. I have nearly hit it on several occassions, but was able to stop. She didn't see him, felt the bump, bump, looked back and it was the dog hobbling back to it's house. I thought it was poetic justice that she was able to hit this dog. Of all the animals that she could have possibly hit that night, possum, raccoon, armadillo, coyote, rabbit, etc., that live out there, it was his chicken killing dog that go hit.

·
Premium Member
15,516 Posts
I know that. You know that and all the people who bothered to read ALL the posts thoroughly know that!

Now, if we could get everyone to read all of the posts BEFORE adding a comment..............

·
USMC can't fix stupid(s)
2,736 Posts
we believe you.
but next time, tell fla gal to square up on the sucker and punch the gas!
:hobbyhors

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I can second that GA rural roads are dark and it's hard to see anything. We don't have streetlights in rural places and the roads often lack lines and reflective paint.

It's easy to hit stuff, I've sadly hit some kitties and squirrels since I've been driving.

kat

·
Adventuress--Definition 2
4,174 Posts
Many of us who didn't speak up know that. Who could have planned such a "coincidental" hit? Not me.

katy *who knows that silence isn't always golden*

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
edited 'cause I had read the post I had quoted incorrectly... :shrug:

;)

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
gleanerl said:
we believe you.
but next time, tell fla gal to square up on the sucker and punch the gas!
:hobbyhors

Now THIS is the post I agree with :) :)

·
Keeping the Dream Alive
1,270 Posts
Been following this thread for a while - sorry to see that you've been suffering all this aggro sancraft. Hope everything can be resolved one way or another very quickly.

Regarding driving on dark country roads, a tuckie recently passed on this tip:
If you're driving at night with your lights on high beam, and spot an animal near or on the road, dip your lights. On high beam, animals are often dazzeled by the lights, and don't know which way to run. (Of course, we know which way they will run, don't we?) Dipping your lights may give them a chance to bolt in the right direction - though in practice, easier said than done; you are often to close to think about and react to the situation.

·
In Remembrance
28,242 Posts
Yeah, I've had a couple a dogs commit suicide under my truck on dark country roads. One would have been fine if he had continued in the direction he was going, but did a 180 which put him under the wheel a the right moment to get creamed. The other came out of a driveway to chase the truck and thought he had caught the left front tire, but it caught him. Absolutely the most sickening sound in the world is to run over a living creature.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Well, I apologize for misreading your thread - it did seem like you were gleeful about Fla Gal injuring the dog. And then to want to get the local news involved just seems repulsive to me. My mistake.

·
Dairy/Hog Farmer
508 Posts
If it was accidental, why in post#36 of your other thread did you state she was ABLE to run over the dog? That doesn't imply it "just" happened; don't worry your friends here will still support you....Btw, thank you for not moving to Texas, we have enough "victims" as it is...

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
milkinpigs said:
If it was accidental, why in post#36 of your other thread did you state she was ABLE to run over the dog? That doesn't imply it "just" happened; don't worry your friends here will still support you....Btw, thank you for not moving to Texas, we have enough "victims" as it is...

this post really makes me sad. If you knew the stuff that happens that doesnt' get posted because of the snarky responses such as this being a probable. It really is sad and what is running off much of the "family feeling" that use to be on all of HT and especially this forum, and is being run off.

Very sad indeed.

Angie

·
Premium Member
15,516 Posts
milkinpigs said:
Well, bless your heart............ :D ;) !

·
USMC can't fix stupid(s)
2,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkinpigs

Well, bless your heart............ !
dittos, Ardie... :cool:

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
milkinpigs said:
If it was accidental, why in post#36 of your other thread did you state she was ABLE to run over the dog? That doesn't imply it "just" happened;
Sandra has taken a lot more from that neighbor than I could take without shooting somebody. Don't begrudge her an "able".

don't worry your friends here will still support you....Btw, thank you for not moving to Texas, we have enough "victims" as it is...
Wow, bitter much?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.