the digestive system???

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by punksheepshower, Nov 5, 2005.

1. punksheepshower

punksheepshower LiveLongLaughLotsPlayHard

ok so...im doing a project in animal science, and were on the digestive systems of animals. i did my project but now i need a brief description of the digestive system...could anyone help me?? thanks...steph

2. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

Sounds like a good idea. You go out and pitch the manure out of my barn while I see what I can find about it on the net.

3. angus_guy

angus_guy Well-Known Member

What was you're project on (specifically)

My son won his science fair project on "cattle bloat" I can probably find that but will it help you ????

4. punksheepshower

punksheepshower LiveLongLaughLotsPlayHard

o i just had to make a diagram of the figestive system of cattle. or any ruminent actually. but i got it done. its due tomorrow. woot. lol..not really...

5. Amymay

Amymay Member

Could you give me the symptoms of bloat? I have a steer about 150 #'s that has alot of foamy saliva, is that it? if so what do you do about it?

thanks,

Amy

6. angus_guy

angus_guy Well-Known Member

In a nut shell cattle bloat is when a cattle CAN NOT burp or fart. Foamy stuff builds up at the top of the first stomach and will not allow these activities.

Soooooooooo foam, saliva,150# calf is this while it is sucking that is part of the nursing process which actually aids them