Homesteading Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Well, as a woman farmer my motto has always been "where there's a will there's a way"
I can do most things any man can do except stand up to pee.
You can do that, too, although it might be a bit messy.

:)
SBJ

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well, closest posts (and most interesting) first. Ladies, standing to urinate it a skill that every woman should be taught. It can save a lot of trouble for you if you are the outdoors type. (I knew a country fellow who said that he and his brother, growing up, always tried to see who could get the most distance off the back porch. One day a female cousin came to visit, saw what they were doing and won the contest).

Now, back to drive shafts. They already make PTO shafts that connect automatically without effort, but they are expensive pieces of equipment. Skinned knuckles and aggravation resulting in cuss words are normal. Science has shown that the cussing has a beneficial effect on the person doing the cursing. Feel free, it is healthful exercise. Now, I do not cotton to foul-mothed ladies, but under the circumstances I could sure understand and overlook. Not in the house, not as a matter of normal conversation and not at me, but at equipment, livestock, etc, just fine.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The work of farming dictates the requirements of the tool. If the tool holder isn't up to the job, don't blame the tool or the nature of the work.
So what have you got to say about left-handed scissors?

Tools are just tools. They should be made for a purpose, and the "purpose" here is to be a farming implement wielded by a woman.

·
Registered
19 Posts
First let me say, sorry I have not been on here in so long. Classes got in the way.
I majored in animal science for livestock in my first college life. I am a very small woman (5'3", 100 lbs.) and the men took one look at me, decided I could not even get close to a bull. It is not how large or small you are but how you manage the work. I trailered a bull by standing outside the pen and talking it into going into the trailer. No joke.
I decided if I ever wanted a job by what I was taught in college I would have to go into a different field and I did.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Unshy____LOL, my first real sweetheart was five feet and one half inch. If anyone was so bold as to ask her height she said, five feet and a half. She was a very capable woman and shaped as a woman should be...If she had a crick in her back I could put my arms around her and lift her off the floor--a little bounce and she'd be a hair-breadth taller without the crick.

·
Registered
29,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

·
Registered
155 Posts
Zrubek=[The devices are not needed. The technique can be taught and should be (and probably is being) taught to all women in the military.

·
Registered
351 Posts
As a kid, I had a neighbor girl my age that could pee 3 boards higher on the barn than I could... She had a pack of brothers and sisters and they all fought. We fought some also.. Eventually she turned out to be a first kiss I have remembered for something over 60 years.. Often wondered if she is still alive... Enough about that..

My Sweetie is a most imaginative, energetic, capable farm woman.. Who can do most any project she has come to mind... The only problem seems... When she is entirely done, and not before then.. You have to go around to every building on the place she may have been into for a tool or material, and turn off lights and close doors... Somewhat like having a 6 year old around.. But I don't say anything.. It is just easier to turn off lights, close doors and move on..

·
Registered
155 Posts
Buckaroo---Those decisions to let things be as they may be are probably the best decisions we ever make. I would hate like hell to find myself without a good woman. My own leaves every cabinet door open, but is damn near violent if I miss the basket with a thrown sock or leave my newspaper lying beside my chair. On the other hand, she is one hell of a good cook and looks after me as she would a pet pooch.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Its true, it can be difficult for a woman to hook-up a PTO driven piece of equipment....but we figure out how to do it. I know that I cuss like a sailor when I have to hook up one of our bush hogs. Who designed a PTO where you have to pull the collar back while shoving the same piece forward? A man designed it. And that is the problem. If women designed farm equipment, you'd simply back up to it, flip a switch, and it would hook itself up. LOL! :ROFLMAO:
When a woman backs up to something and simply hooks up, a man is doing the work.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts