Reactions: JeffreyD

·
Premium Member
34,246 Posts

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
It seems there is more enjoyment in the failure of others than in their success.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
28,632 Posts
No one is enjoying this. I hope he can turn it around. I believe he can turn it around. He had doubts about the purchase himself. I just don't believe that his idea that it would be a free for all free speech platform will work at that level. He needs advertisers and users that trust the system. He does not have that right now due to his own actions.

·
Premium Member
34,246 Posts
I am not "enjoying" Musk's failures. The fate of Tesla and Twitter are not high on my list of concerns. You brought up a topic, I contributed to the discussion. I never said anywhere that I hoped either would fail, or succeed for that matter.

Ford made some bad business decisions. The Edsel comes to mind.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
Usage doesn't bring in the money. He needs advertisers. Advertisers pay the bills.
Advertisers go where the eyeballs are.

The drop was the work of
A statement from members who attended the meeting stated that prior to the meeting with Musk, "Free Press, Media Matters for America and Accountable Tech organized a mass sign-on letter in which nearly 50 civil-society groups called on Twitter's top-20 advertisers to demand that Musk commit to brand and user safety.​
The open letter urges advertisers to "suspend Twitter ads globally if Musk can’t commit to enforcing the brand- and community-safety rules already on the platform’s books."​

They will be back when the spotlight goes out and new advertisers will come on board. You are being very CNNish

·
Premium Member
34,246 Posts
They will be back when the spotlight goes out and new advertisers will come on board. You are being very CNNish
My apologies. I don't read CNN enough to know what they sound like. I am familiar with how big a role advertising plays in the media. Even newspaper subscriptions don't bring in enough money to print the paper.

·
Registered
16,627 Posts
Sam Bankman Fried offered to kick in 3 billion dollars to help Elon buy Twitter.
To paraphrase according to the NY Post, "Sam set his b*s* meter off" and declined.
They are now both at polar ends of the financial spectrum.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
My apologies. I don't read CNN enough to know what they sound like. I am familiar with how big a role advertising plays in the media. Even newspaper subscriptions don't bring in enough money to print the paper.
Our media is very coordinated in its messaging. What is said on CNN permeates the news cycle of most all outlets. They have one songbook

I am reading the same things you are. It is a coordinated attack to secure social media for the use of an ideology.

·
Premium Member
34,246 Posts
Twitter offices are closed until Monday.

"Twitter has told employees that the company's office buildings will be temporarily closed, with immediate effect.
In a message seen by the BBC, workers were told that the offices would reopen on Monday 21 November."
It did not give a reason for the closing.

141 - 160 of 222 Posts