Homesteading Forum banner
201 - 220 of 242 Posts

· Sock puppet reinstated
28,897 Posts
Yah- you’re just repeating what your TV told you to say because you haven’t the integrity for free thought. What Kanye said was actually hateful speech that could potentially constitute defamation- therefore potentially against the law.

What the folks who you allow to do your thinking for you were censoring was literally anything they disagreed with. The fact that the people who create your positions for you know they can’t support them in an open debate says everything anyone needs to know your positions.
Your lame programmed response that my TV told me so is getting well used. That is all you can respond with when Musks own words prove you wrong. He was fine with hate speech a few weeks ago, he was only going to bury it. :)

· I love boobies
1,110 Posts
Funny thing about the timing of my Twitter account lockout: I've been fighting, and winning, the Right to open carry and setup a shooting range at Burning Man. Last fall I succeeded in forcing the BMORG to remove their firearm ban regulation and was almost there with the BLM when I got locked out. I'm sure it's a coincidence, but a shet ton of Twitter employees are anti-gun self-labeled communists who go to Burning Man.

· Registered
10,414 Posts
Your lame programmed response that my TV told me so is getting well used. That is all you can respond with when Musks own words prove you wrong. He was fine with hate speech a few weeks ago, he was only going to bury it. :)
Re-read it yourself- not what CNN told you it said - actually read the words of the tweets. What Kanye said could be argued as being illegal, and at least certainly not “far beyond the law”.

The FACT of the matter is that the cabal of “journalists” that dictate your every waking thought have tried to get everything they disagree with as hateful and misinformation, and subject to censorship.

If Musk had allowed Kanye’s post to stand, you’d be criticizing him for allowing anti-semitism to stand. Since he cut him, you have to criticize him for not adhering to strictly free speech. It doesn’t matter what he does or doesn’t do. You only have your orders to hate him.

· Sock puppet reinstated
28,897 Posts
Re-read it yourself- not what CNN told you it said - actually read the words of the tweets. What Kanye said could be argued as being illegal, and at least certainly not “far beyond the law”.

The FACT of the matter is that the cabal of “journalists” that dictate your every waking thought have tried to get everything they disagree with as hateful and misinformation, and subject to censorship.

If Musk had allowed Kanye’s post to stand, you’d be criticizing him for allowing anti-semitism to stand. Since he cut him, you have to criticize him for not adhering to strictly free speech. It doesn’t matter what he does or doesn’t do. You only have your orders to hate him.
I am not critiquing Musk. I am supporting his realization that complete free speech is not going to be possible on a platform that needs to pay the bills. :)

· Registered
406 Posts
Musk is not worth talking about. Twitter is not worth tweeting about (or on). Teslas will drive you into debt, and brain chips will fry your head. The stake in the heart of the vampire, these days, is simply withdrawing your attention.

Reactions: JeffreyD

· Registered
10,414 Posts
If you ask me, Musk’s “big reveal” fell flat on its face. I read it in real time, and the story that emerged was that the laptop-story was censored by some high-level snowflakes without the backing of policy or the CEO, and without the urging of the government. That’s the most benign of possible events that could have effected this censorship.

The one bit of government intervention that was detailed in the report was in reference to the suspension of White House Press Secretary McEnany, and that came in the form of a D Congressman warning Twitter staff that that might have been going too far, and a report that talks on Capitol Hill had reps from both sides mad about what they did.

The only other takeaway from this was that Twitter sucks as a platform for communicating anything but the simplest of bumper-sticker ideas. Go on Taibi’s Twitter and try to put the posts together in order. You can’t do it. Even when he was posting live, the order would get jumbled up, and you had to constantly refresh, only to find out that the thread had been interrupted, and you couldn’t find the last post in relation to the current or next one.

This “report” was hyped up, but was nothing compared to the story of Zuckerberg acknowledging that the FBI had encouraged them to consider stuff like the Laptop story to be Russian misinformation. THAT was a big deal.

· Registered
44,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·

· Registered
44,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
If you ask me, Musk’s “big reveal” fell flat on its face. I read it in real time, and the story that emerged was that the laptop-story was censored by some high-level snowflakes without the backing of policy or the CEO, and without the urging of the government. That’s the most benign of possible events that could have effected this censorship.

The one bit of government intervention that was detailed in the report was in reference to the suspension of White House Press Secretary McEnany, and that came in the form of a D Congressman warning Twitter staff that that might have been going too far, and a report that talks on Capitol Hill had reps from both sides mad about what they did.

The only other takeaway from this was that Twitter sucks as a platform for communicating anything but the simplest of bumper-sticker ideas. Go on Taibi’s Twitter and try to put the posts together in order. You can’t do it. Even when he was posting live, the order would get jumbled up, and you had to constantly refresh, only to find out that the thread had been interrupted, and you couldn’t find the last post in relation to the current or next one.

This “report” was hyped up, but was nothing compared to the story of Zuckerberg acknowledging that the FBI had encouraged them to consider stuff like the Laptop story to be Russian misinformation. THAT was a big deal.
I would not say it fell flat.

Azure Human body Rectangle Font Parallel

· Registered
44,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #217 ·
Let's add another nuance.

Musk would not have opened his kimono to Taibbi if he was blindly following a party.

· Registered
10,414 Posts
I would not say it fell flat.

View attachment 116475

I say it fell flat because it was extremely anti-climactic.

What if, the day before yesterday, someone said to you “Certain people at Twitter have been selectively moderating free-speech in a biased manner along ideological and political lines.

Would that have shocked you?

I’m just saying it’s something we all already knew, and the way this report portrayed it, it happened according to the most mild of scenarios we could have imagined or alleged.

201 - 220 of 242 Posts