Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

· Registered
44,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Doesn't matter that Elon is working on a "chip". He's not the only one working on it. Who here thinks that if Elon was to quit working on it that it will go away?

No one in their right mind.
Exactly right. This falls under the work on transhumanism.

Here is a list of activities within that discipline.

Reactions: Pony

· Registered
44,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Yes. I'm aware of the promises, but more importantly, I'm aware of the pitfalls. I'm also aware of the background and political alignments of those who espouse it.
Can you elaborate?

I sum it up as man's continued quest for immortality.

The debate is when does man transform into a machine. Can a machine contain a man's soul?

· Registered
44,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I would ask you to elaborate. How do you mean "man" specifically? You? Me? Mankind as a whole?
I am not sure if there are efforts underway to aggregate "man".

When I say man, I am speaking about an individual person.

· Registered
44,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
So I guess in less than a half sentence, she admits that speech was being censored before 2022 EM.
Plus, she does not see the value of posts like that staying out there for everyone to see

· Registered
44,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
I have waded through that cesspool for years. It was generally pointless to interact unless you had a thick skull or just wanted to get blocked/banned.

The change over the last few days is palpable. The Paul Pelosi saga is a prime example....#Pelosigaylover tag is allowed to trend....It never would have existed in the past.

The usual suspects are......unsure how to respond to losing their exclusive playground.
I joined way back in 2010, but never really paid it any attention until a few moths ago when Elon said he was going to buy it. That drew me in. I find it an endless source of entertainment. The key is following the right people.

The big turn off for me is how Twitter steers a narrative. I hope that stops. You have to work hard to not let it bombard you with the next thing.

It is a great source for news outlets that you might not otherwise be aware of.

· Registered
44,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
It has always been a fine indicator in how TPTB wanted to steer the narrative.
It was part of the navigation system

· Registered
44,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Unless we’re thinking of the word “narrative” in a different way, I think a platform like Twitter absolutely should get a steering direction on the narrative. If left to fair, open debate and free-speech, Twitter is almost a perfect technological approach to summing up the sentiment of the masses.

I don’t have to be in the majority, and I’m perfectly comfortable not being there, but I do think there’s value in the raw din of all voices being able to speak at once.
We are thinking of it exactly the same. My point is that Twitter was corrupted. One side had a very heavy thumb on the scale.

I don't have to be in the majority either. Right is right. Wrong is wrong. I don't anyone telling me the difference. I have every confidence in my opinion on things that truly matter. Twitter can be a force for good, or it can it can be a force for propaganda. The bird needs to be free.

It pains me to hear rotted brains think that Musk is anything other than what he pretends to be. I judge him on his actions, not on the demented intent projected by imbeciles and power grabbers.

· Registered
44,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Some of these moves are defensible; others are not. But no matter what Musk does, people seem hellbent on crying catastrophe. For instance, a lot of folks are now insisting that Musk's Twitter has become a haven for racism.

Much of this stems from a report that "use of N-word on Twitter jumped by almost 500% after Elon Musk's takeover." But the jump seems to have come from a coordinated attempt by trolls to test limits, not some sort of new normal on the platform.

And other attempts to portray Twitter as newly toxic ring hollow, considering offensive language and conspiracy theories thrived on the site long before Musk took over, and that Musk insisted (at least as of late last week) that no content moderation changes had yet been made.

Overall, it smacks of people just looking for reasons to pillory Musk.

· Registered
44,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY is quietly broadening its efforts to curb speech it considers dangerous, an investigation by The Intercept has found. Years of internal DHS memos, emails, and documents — obtained via leaks and an ongoing lawsuit, as well as public documents — illustrate an expansive effort by the agency to influence tech platforms.

· Registered
44,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
That article explains why the world has turned on Musk.

He may die soon.

· Registered
44,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Prior to the 2020 election, tech companies including Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Discord, Wikipedia, Microsoft, LinkedIn, and Verizon Media met on a monthly basis with the FBI, CISA, and other government representatives. According to NBC News, the meetings were part of an initiative, still ongoing, between the private sector and government to discuss how firms would handle misinformation during the election.

Reactions: CC Pereira

· Registered
44,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
I can't take credit for saying it, but I will share it

Lift weights, eat clean, learn to negotiate, learn survival skills, self reflect, make babies and home school. Only way we get out of this mess, boys. - Anonymous

· Registered
44,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
I am not sure if Musk has figured out what he is doing. He keeps implementing a policy and then backtracking on it within hours .
Maybe he is figuring out what he is doing

· Registered
44,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
1 - 20 of 64 Posts