Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Sock puppet reinstated
28,928 Posts
I respect what Musk has achieved in business. I just don't believe that this endeavor will pan out the way he first envisioned. I think he knows that as well. He was forced to follow through by court cases.

· Sock puppet reinstated
28,928 Posts
I am not sure if Musk has figured out what he is doing. He keeps implementing a policy and then backtracking on it within hours .

· Sock puppet reinstated
28,928 Posts
After seeing the mistakes made this week by Elon with regards to Twitter I don't believe we will see the "free speech" free for all that he wanted it to be. The advertisers won't return.

· Sock puppet reinstated
28,928 Posts
Musk is an idea man. That does not always mean he can run the actual business. He is back peddling as fast as he can and has from the moment he signed the contract to purchase.

Twitter is very important to the citizens of small countries in chaos. It is how they get their news and fight their oppressors and Twitter going down will hurt them at least in the short run.

· Sock puppet reinstated
28,928 Posts
No one is enjoying this. I hope he can turn it around. I believe he can turn it around. He had doubts about the purchase himself. I just don't believe that his idea that it would be a free for all free speech platform will work at that level. He needs advertisers and users that trust the system. He does not have that right now due to his own actions.

· Sock puppet reinstated
28,928 Posts
I have a life-long friend I hired to work for me. We were/are close to this day. I had a job that absolutely had to be finished today. No exceptions. He was on the crew that day.

He decided that 3:30 was his 8-hour day and told me that I could not make him work after that time. I told him, " Yes, that is correct. I cannot make you work longer than that by law. Go do what you think is right for you." He went to sleep on my truck toolbox until 9 PM when we finished. I fired him the next day. This was 1998.

I didn't fire him because he hurt me. I fired him because he hurt my very valuable workers (partners).

After 6 months of gainful employment with me, I would give bonuses. Per job. He was hurting their chance for a bonus. I was vested in these workers lives. I had been to their kids' baptisms and/or soccer games, etc. No one person was going to ruin that. Not even my friend from childhood.

Not saying that Elon thinks the same way. But, before you chastise him, consider the way he might think on the situation. There is soooo much dead weight in a business this size. There are also diamonds in the rough that haven't been vetted yet. The news you read at 2:00 pm today might not even reflect what happened after you have read it. Just let us see what happens. Then we can put him under a microscope and judge him.

Just my Nickle.
He did not take the time to find out who was or wasn't dead weight. Not the same as you

· Sock puppet reinstated
28,928 Posts
Musk's new ideas on moderation will bury the hate speech so that the users can not monetize it. He also won't give a platform to people like Alex Jones, “I have no mercy for anyone who would use the deaths of children for gain, politics or fame.”

· Sock puppet reinstated
28,928 Posts

· Sock puppet reinstated
28,928 Posts
He never said that all speech would be allowed. He said that he was going to stop the folks on your side from censoring everything they disagreed with by labeling it “hate speech”.

That’s why your TV told you to hate him. Clutch your pearls, because they’re about to redouble their doodyhead-badman campaign since Musk is supposedly releasing the internal report about how your mental handlers spiked the story about Hunter’s laptop containing evidence of Joe’s criminal corruption.
Nah, you are misinformed. :) He said "freedom of speech not freedom of reach and said hate speech would be not highlighted but still allowed.

And the there is the following tweet. He is limiting free speech.

· Sock puppet reinstated
28,928 Posts
Yah- you’re just repeating what your TV told you to say because you haven’t the integrity for free thought. What Kanye said was actually hateful speech that could potentially constitute defamation- therefore potentially against the law.

What the folks who you allow to do your thinking for you were censoring was literally anything they disagreed with. The fact that the people who create your positions for you know they can’t support them in an open debate says everything anyone needs to know your positions.
Your lame programmed response that my TV told me so is getting well used. That is all you can respond with when Musks own words prove you wrong. He was fine with hate speech a few weeks ago, he was only going to bury it. :)

· Sock puppet reinstated
28,928 Posts
Re-read it yourself- not what CNN told you it said - actually read the words of the tweets. What Kanye said could be argued as being illegal, and at least certainly not “far beyond the law”.

The FACT of the matter is that the cabal of “journalists” that dictate your every waking thought have tried to get everything they disagree with as hateful and misinformation, and subject to censorship.

If Musk had allowed Kanye’s post to stand, you’d be criticizing him for allowing anti-semitism to stand. Since he cut him, you have to criticize him for not adhering to strictly free speech. It doesn’t matter what he does or doesn’t do. You only have your orders to hate him.
I am not critiquing Musk. I am supporting his realization that complete free speech is not going to be possible on a platform that needs to pay the bills. :)

· Sock puppet reinstated
28,928 Posts
Is Musk going to step down? Will he be true to his word? Has he figured out that he is just not the right person to run Twitter?

· Sock puppet reinstated
28,928 Posts
I think he wants to hand it off.

Do you think the poll surprised him?
I don't think the poll surprised him. He wanted an excuse to step away. Before he completed the deal, he knew that buying Twitter was the wrong move. I believe he thought he could disrupt and make bank by playing the games he has for the last month. Now I suspect he knows that did not work and his investors are unhappy. He needs more money and new investors won't come on board until he steps away from the helm.

· Sock puppet reinstated
28,928 Posts
He knew exactly how the result of the poll would play out before he posted it.

If the twits voted for ‘yes’, he was going to spend the next couple weeks or months finding a replacement so he could focus on other things.

If the twits voted ‘no’,he was going to spend the next couple weeks or months finding a replacement so he could focus on other things.

What has CNN told you to think about this?
You are the one with CNN on constant play. You should know what they are saying. You do a good job of keeping those of us that don't watch it, up to date. Keep up the good work.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts