Homesteading Forum banner

The big lie

2K views 47 replies 10 participants last post by  painterswife 
#1 ·
Feb. 6, 2020 - Attorney General William Barr notified federal agents and lawyers Wednesday that they cannot open investigations of presidential candidates, their campaigns, or advisers without his approval.

No investigations were done as a result of that memo. The US Attorney of the Eastern District asked to investigate issues in his district. Barr denied the request!

#2 ·
An election integrity group said 10.9 million out of a total 22.1 million ballots that had been mailed out to registered voters during the 2022 midterm elections went “unaccounted for,” according to a Jan. 18 report.

The watchdog released the two-page report (pdf) detailing what it called “the failures” of California’s first mass-mail balloting election following the passage of Assembly Bill 37 (AB 37), which requires that ballots automatically be mailed to all active registered voters statewide. The bill, signed into law by Gov. Gavin Newsom in September 2021, makes vote-by-mail ballots, a practice implemented in the 2020 general election in conjunction with the COVID-19 pandemic, permanent for all elections.

California has more registered voters than any other state. Yet its vote-by-mail policies—among the nation’s most expansive—have resulted in large numbers of ballots “disappearing at poll closing time,” PILF’s data show.

#3 ·
Widespread? Maybe not. Locally ... yes!

I met by happenstance a 2020 GOP observer of the vote count in the county that gave Trump the presidency in 2016.

They could not closely observe due to the covid issue.

The most imporotant issue may have been the mail in ballots. Since they had been folded to fit into the envelope for mailing, the scanners wouldn't accept them.

Those had to be hand counted.

The rejected ballots were placed in a bin and counted in a room w/o observation.

#6 ·
I started watching a TV show called The Good Fight. It is so funny to watch. I cannot decide if it a paraody, a comedy, or a serious drama. I am now into season two. It is set when certain things we have now come to know as lies, but was thought of as true by 81,283,098 during that time in 2017

The Good Fight is an American legal drama produced for CBS's streaming service CBS All Access. It is the platform's first original scripted series. The series, created by Robert King, Michelle King, and Phil Alden Robinson, is a spin-off and standalone sequel to The Good Wife, which was created by the Kings​

#8 ·
Funny how you can do a little research and find liberal rags complaining about the fact that Barr absolutely did authorize investigations.

And it's also funny how you can go find the memo itself.

And in that memo there's a little reminder of how the DOJ actually works.

While US attorneys maintain their authority to conduct inquiries and investigations as they deem appropriate,
there's the rub, excuse makers, wishful thinkers, and witch hunters...
it will likely be prudent to commence any election-related matters as a preliminary inquiry, so as to assess whether available evidence warrants further investigative steps.
That's all folks.

#12 ·
If voting actually mattered, the government would not allow us to do it.
I've been voting straight Republican tickets in EVERY election for the last 51 years. What the hell good has it done?
Absolutely none at all.
They are/were all crooks. Even Trump. Even Reagan.

#20 ·
I do know of DOJ investigations into election fraud. Just because you could not be bothered to look for them does not mean they don't exist.

"In the morning, Barr asks U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Georgia Byung J. Pak to make Giuliani’s allegations about suitcases of ballots at State Farm Arena a “top priority.” Barr has an upcoming meeting with the White House and thinks the videotape might come up (Pak testimony, p. 13, 37). In his Senate testimony, Pak states, “this is during the election time where there’s an election cycle, and in particular in Georgia at the time, there was a U.S. Senate runoff election scheduled for January 5th.” Pak testified that he was “very sensitive to the fact that we can’t do anything overt that may be viewed one way or the other by the voters” ahead of the Georgia runoff election (Pak testimony, p. 15). In his testimony, Pak adds, once again, “we were very sensitive to that.”

" December 6 or 7, 2020: Pak completes personally reviewing the State Farm Arena video and the Georgia Secretary of State’s investigational interviews, and determines that the allegations are not credible (Pak testimony, p. 21-22)."

• Evening of December 6, 2020: Barr directs Deputy Attorney General to launch FBI investigations in Georgia
According to internal email correspondence, Barr tells Donoghue that the FBI should conduct interviews about the State Farm Arena allegations so that they “are not relying entirely on the work/assessments of non-federal law enforcement authorities” (in the words of Donoghue).

• December 7, 2020: According to internal email correspondence, PIN concludes that the State Farm Arena allegations are not in the scope of Barr’s Nov. 9 memorandum and that PIN does not concur in any overt investigative activity before certification of the Georgia elections. In his non-concurrence, PIN Chief Corey Amundson recognizes that Barr has “ultimate decision-making authority on this issue.”
  • December 7, 2020: Donoghue tells FBI Deputy Director David Bowdich that, despite PIN’s non-concurrence, Barr “specifically directed that the FBI conduct some interviews” regarding the State Farm Arena allegations.
Note-2: In his Senate testimony, Donoghue initially defended the Department’s actions during the election period saying: “the appearance was always a concern, and it was something that we took into consideration. But, for instance, with regard to this, right, we didn’t do anything overtly. It’s not as if we issued grand jury subpoenas or began interviewing witnesses or anything like that” (Donoghue testimony, p. 22). However, Donoghue later admitted that following Barr’s order to interview witnesses for the State Farm Arena allegations, “ultimately, the witnesses who were there were interviewed. I can’t remember if FBI did the 15 interviews alone or they did them in conjunction with State authorities” (Donoghue testimony, p. 71; see also “We had interviews done of all the witnesses,” p. 72).

#22 ·
You point to one, that at best might be called perfunctory.

#36 ·
Not that I don't think the Democrats cheated, by the way, @HDRider, I think they used the media and the abc soup to lie their way into power.

So that brings me to the next question for you, @painterswife... I see Democrats in forums across the internet go quiet in threads where the news comes in that your side was lying about Covid, about vaccines, about Russian assets, about Russiagate, about classified documents, about "fiery but mostly peaceful", about race relations, about Ukrainegate, about Ukraine.....

The least you could do, given how small this forum is, would be to acknowledge that the Democrats are shady campaigners, election deniers, and criminals. And then sure, I'll talk about Donald Trump with you. Until then, would mind leaving this one to us?

#37 ·
Not that I don't think the Democrats cheated, by the way, @HDRider, I think they used the media and the abc soup to lie their way into power.

So that brings me to the next question for you, @painterswife... I see Democrats in forums across the internet go quiet in threads where the news comes in that your side was lying about Covid, about vaccines, about Russian assets, about Russiagate, about classified documents, about "fiery but mostly peaceful", about race relations, about Ukrainegate, about Ukraine.....

The least you could do, given how small this forum is, would be to acknowledge that the Democrats are shady campaigners, election deniers, and criminals. And then sure, I'll talk about Donald Trump with you. Until then, would mind leaving this one to us?
There is corruption on both sides. Yes, there are democrats that do things wrong as well. Never denied that. Plenty of Republicans here go quiet or keep repeating the lies Trump and his cronies spout.

#39 ·
@painterswife Oh and... If it was dangerous for Bush and Cheney to weaponize the CIA in order to spread the WMD lies, then you need to be consistent in that logic and admit it is dangerous how the Democrats have weaponized the abc soup and the media. If Bush and Cheney are war criminals, what does that make Clinton and the Democrats? If Donald Trump was colluding with Russia, what does that mean for Fusion GPS and the Clinton Campaign?

Show me your nonpartisan support for the gallows (so to speak) and I'll show you mine. Oh wait, I've been showing mine the whole time. You're up.

#40 ·
@painterswife Oh and... If it was dangerous for Bush and Cheney to weaponize the CIA in order to spread the WMD lies, then you need to be consistent in that logic. If Bush and Cheney are war criminals, what does that make Clinton and the Democrats? If Donald Trump was colluding with Russia, what does that mean for Fusion GPS and the Clinton Campaign?

Show me your nonpartisan support for the gallows and I'll show you mine. Oh wait, I've been showing mine the whole time. You're up.
Did I ever say that Bush and Cheney were war criminals? I think you are assuming facts not in evidence to grasp at making a point.

Tell me, do you believe that Trump illegally kept documents after he was sent a subpoena to return them? We already know that both Trump and Biden had documents that they should not have in their possession after leaving office.

Do you believe that the fake electors should be charged for signing fake documents and having them files with the government?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.