Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's start out with the 'confession' that I've been floundering for the past 8 or so years when it comes to faith. I've followed down the wrong path (oh yeah, it was wrong :rolleyes: ) and recently, after some events and Bible reading (which I always did anyway for learning) I've come to the conclusion that there is no way for me except by God. It's going to be a slow "re-learning" process for me as I strayed WAY FAR from the flock...LOL, I am fluffy like a sheep though--does that count for anything?

I know that people will be people and I will get attitudes, groans and such that I'm returning to the Lord. What does the Bible say about forgiveness, and is it different for all faiths on how me "coming back" is welcomed (?) by the Lord?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ruby Jane I just posted a question to you on another thread, and by a strange "quirk" the next post that I opened was yours on a totally unrelated thread.

Anyway, remember the story of the prodigal son and how he squandered his inheritance with riotous living and such; but guess what the Father took him back.

"All we are like sheep and have gone astray".

"Let him who is without sin cast the first stone".

I've been backslidden myself, but the Lord was/is faithful, he just want's us to repent(turn away from our sin's) and follow after him.

If you confess your sins he is faithful to forgive them. :)

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Luke 15:4 “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? 5 And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. 6 And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ :)

·
In Remembrance
28,242 Posts
Open arms, honey, the Father is waiting with open arms! Welcome home!

·
Registered
127 Posts
LamiPub said:
Luke 15:4 “What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? 5 And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. 6 And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’
LamiPub,
I wish you would have added one more verse, because it’s one of my favorites:
Luke 15 (New International Version) said:
7I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
Ruby_jane,
This whole book in Luke (15) contains three parables which I believe teach about forgiveness so it’s a great place to learn about what your asking.
Oh and:

ruby_jane said:
I strayed WAY FAR from the flock...
Just so you know - I haven’t always been a boy scout either. Do not be afraid. With God’s grace nothing is impossible.

·
..where do YOU look?
3,920 Posts
The Lord awaits with open arms as you return to Him.

WARNING. The next two points will require something of you, and if you're not ready for this, please skip it!

Point 1: God will forgive you as you forgive others (read the Lord's Prayer). Ensure that you forgive as readily, completely, quickly, and often as you desire to be forgiven.

Point 2: God forgives those that repent. One aspect of repentance is the conviction that you've done wrong, and another is turning from your sin. Read that as: don't DO that thing anymore.

Many "denominations" and individuals miss these two points, and once you've decided to throw it all on the Lord and fall on your knees at the cross, these two things also come.

I rejoice - with the Lord I am certain - in your desire to be obedient to Him and to walk in The Way.

AWESOME!

Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts