The best thing about this forum...

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by sisterpine, Oct 21, 2004.

1. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

Greetings from Montana! I have been involved with this forum for less than a year and the amount of information I have gathered is astounding! But the very best thing about this forum is the support and motivation I get from the other members. No one ever says "oh you can't do that" or "that would be stupid". Just wanted to say THANK YOU ALL for your kindness, wisdom and encouragement! Kathleen

2. matt&roxy

matt&roxy Active Member

sisterpine...I have only been here for like a week, and I agree with you. I want to thank you, you have replied to several of my threads, and been very helpful. We both appreciate it....

matt&roxy

3. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

matt and roxy; you are most welcome! just move on up here and we will go for coffee! kathleen

4. matt&roxy

matt&roxy Active Member

HAHA! We just might have to do that. Honestly can't wait to get there. It's so hard not to rush it. We actually have started talking about maybe renting first, preferably in the country, so we can keep our "family"(goats,chickens,dogs, and cats). And then trying to find land to buy. Who knows?....

roxy

5. deberosa

deberosa SW Virginia Gourd Farmer!

I agree with you all! It's so refreshing to be able to gather and share ideas without judgement. I love hanging out here!

6. bubbba

bubbba Well-Known Member

I propose a group hug!!!!
    Its a great forum with loads of good advice, I really enjoy this place and have been visiting since the old days before it changed to homesteading today.
    Thanks Chuck and everyone else that makes this possible.

7. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

...................The Best Thing about "this" forum is that, it is the ANTITHESIS of General Chat , i.e.....people are actually Nice too each other . And , I also agree with ALL the previous statements ...fordy... :eek: :)

8. vickinell

vickinell Well-Known Member

dito what Debrosa and others said.

9. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

Being a single mom and having little homesteading experience, I really want to thank everyone. I don't think I would have made it without your support and wisdom. This forum makes me feel like I have extended family and neighbors from all over. Hi, my name is Jan, and I'm addicted to Homesteading Today!

10. BamaSuzy

BamaSuzy Well-Known Member

Nearly everything I have learned about the homesteading way of life in the past few years has either come from this forum, the Backwoods Home forum, or the Countryside or Backwoods Home magazine OR the great people on these forums!!!! Everything from pressure-canning to taking care of my goats and rabbits. Plus I met my dear friend, Aunt Jenny, on the BWH forum and we correspond daily, both on the INternet, through snail mail and through phone calls and sweet gifts! And I've "met" so many other nice and wonderful people on both forums, such as Woodrunner and so many many many more!

11. jackie c

jackie c Well-Known Member

I agree with everyone. If we can't all be neighbours,well this is the next best thing!
    I have gotten so much great advice here, and it just keeps coming! You all are a wonderful,colorful and inspiring bunch of people, thanks so much. :D

12. Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny Well-Known Member

I had to put in my bit...

I am a dreamer/planner, wanting to have a little farm but lacking in experience, land, animals, money, knowledge, and just about everything having to do with farming.

Coming here I am able to find out everything I need to know, ask as many questions and understand everything I can.

I started out just wanting some chickens and a Dexter cow...now I have a list of things in my head I want to research!

13. Ditzyblond

Ditzyblond Active Member

Very true! I have gotten loads of great information from here and now I dont have to spend money on books or worry about getting them back to the library on time. I just ask my questions here and voila, within hours, I have answers by many experienced people.

I also love reading about everyone else's lives, all the fun, trials, tribulations, and all that. It is inspiring and I also know that I am not the only one who doesnt know how to handle every situation that comes up. When I dont feel like getting out there and working on my own projects, I just read about everyone else's projects and it makes me want to get out there and get my butt to work.

Thanks everyone for being such wonderful people.

Traci

14. ajaxlucy

ajaxlucy Well-Known Member Supporter

Can I join the group hug? I just sorta stumbled onto this forum, this whole website, in fact, and am so grateful for the information received and the patience with which it was delivered. People here are really generous with their experience.

15. moonwolf

moonwolf Well-Known Member

I'm fairly recent to the forum, but I also appreciate the exchange of information and thoughtful commeraderie presented here.
    Thanks also to everyone's kind responses and useful sharing.
    HT is an excellent gathering site to be sure. :)

Rich