Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share this since I'm getting ready to order some more...

My grandmother turned me onto this stuff because it's what her husband used... She sent me a tub for my birthday one year, and it's all I've ever used since. Yes, it's not cheap, but you are getting what you pay for.. Once you realize how long a tub will last, you'll see it's actually cheaper in the long run as compared to using other cleaners that you have to use two and three times as much product to get the job done...

It puts Goop, GoJo, Fast Orange, and any other cleaner you can think of to shame.. a three pound tub lasts me for a long long time... As they say for another product, a little dab will do ya...

ProSoap... http://www.prosoap.com/30102?sc=20&category=3089

It's a Dirty Job, but Somebody's Gotta Do It.
At ProSoap, we've dedicated 30 years to doing one thing and doing it really well - creating a hand cleaner that's tough on dirt but easy on your skin and the environment.
Unlike other hand cleaners, ProSoap is water-activated. So there's no harsh chemicals to dry out your skin and because a little goes a long way, it's easy on your budget too. Hands down, compared to other cleaners, ProSoap does a superior job of removing the dirtiest, greasiest messes.
http://www.prosoap.com/About-Prosoap

·
Premium Member
11,250 Posts
Most cleaners have some form of toxicity, simply because the action of cleaning requires the breaking of chemical bonds and there is no way to be completely discriminatory. This one is no different, even if the maker calls it safe and green.

The MSDS sheet on NP-6 shows why:
http://www.gccgz.com/down/MSDS-e/NP-6.pdf

That said, it may be an excellent cleaner with fewer side effects than others. All I am suggesting is to not fall for product hype as being completely factual.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Nothin beats a couple spritz of WD 40 on the hands and a paper towel.. then wash w/ soap. Haven't come across any tree sap, grease, oil etc.. that stands up.

·
My name is not Alice
4,185 Posts
When I was just a lad, my dad bought a shiny new Buick Electra 225. It was his dream car. My dad, mom, and all 5 of us kids piled in and took a drive out to the country to visit Grandma and Grandpa. My brother Rick and I decided to take our favorite trek through the cow pasture down to the creek. The creek was thick with mud that summer day. Rick and I wallered in it like hogs. On the way back, I realized the err of my ways and decided to "clean" my shoes by stomping (both feet firmly planted, no less) into every cow pie I could find. Such a painful memory.

That memory has nothing to do with hand cleaners or MSDS sheets, but my soul feels cleaner for saying it. I like GoJo. But I appreciate the tip...

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
32% UAN will clean anything off your hands, including calluses. Plus let's you know where all the scratches are that you forgot about

·
Registered
9,511 Posts
I'd like to try that stuff sometime, but for the price, I like Goop and Dawn.

The awesome thing about Goop is that it is a waterless cleaner...nice when you are working out in the field, where no water faucet exists.

BTW, fellas, if you get grease on your clothes, Goop will often take it out. Apply Goop liberally, let it sit and soak in, toss it in the washing machine.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Have a bar of fels naphtha in a tub of sandblaster sand in the shop bathroom. It works well and I know it is sterilizing my cuts and scrapes.

T

·
0 Posts
I worked at a pharmaceutical company, and the best hand cleaner I've ever used is (no joke) a personal lubricant product. No kidding. KY works wonders! LOL! :embarrassed:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts