Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Fergusons Family Farm
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today...I got an e-mail that I was pretty impressed with!

I will tell a bit of the story leading up to this e-mail.

I had gotten this e-mail about a week and a half before Christmas, asking if I had any rabbits for sale, this lady was e-mailing because all her daughter wanted for Christmas was a bunny, I don't normally sell my rabbits as pets to just anyone, and yes I have turned people away! But this e-mail seemed pretty sincere! So I replied back that she was in luck, I had a litter of Mini Rexes that would be sooned be weaned. I asked what she was willing to pay...and she stated that she was a single mom and didn't have a huge budget and since a bunny is what she wanted this would take up most of the Christmas. I said that is fine....I know I might have been robbing my self but I said if she met me at work, I would be willing to sell the baby for free as long as I knew it would be going to a good home. She said she wouldn't take it for free, I told her it was up to her.

I met this lady on Christmas eve after I was done work, and brought all the female babies from the litter that I had. There turned out to be 3. She looked at them...and asked if she could take 2, I said sure, and then asked if they would fight, I told her I have had good luck keeping females together as long as they have been together since they were young. She was more than thrilled. She choice her 2 little girls, both being broken brown. cute little buggers. She had bought a larger Ferret cage, and took all of the accessories out of it, it looked like a good size cage!

So Of course these girls were a surprise on Christmas day, but it seems to be a great turn out...and this is what I get sent to me today!

"Hi Melissa just to let you know that the bunnies are very much loved and cared for my daughter has named them (white) Sno-ball and black and white Thumper.. I am so glad that I had decided at the last minute to buy both from you..

Thanks for helping me make my daughters christmas as she said her best ever"

It's kind of rewarding to get some messages like that! Even on rather bad startings to a week (read my other post..."Bad luck in the rabbitry today...but there might be a silver lining yet") , and although this lady doesn't know that I breed my other rabbits, and cull mini rexes for meat, she didn't know any different. and I wasn't going to mention it! (read my other post..."Bad luck in the rabbitry...but there might be a silver lining yet")

I just thought I would share!

Melissa

·
Premium Member
11,103 Posts
Nice to hear about your experience, Melissa... hope that little girl grows up to appreciate how generous you were. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts