The Baker Creek Heirloom catalog is here!

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by flutemandolin, Jan 7, 2004.

1. flutemandolin

flutemandolin mark an eight, dude!

I haven't had too much time to browse it yet but it looks interesting-so many varieties! The prices for small seed packets are very reasonable too.

2. tallpines

tallpines Well-Known Member

Would you share the 800 number or email addy?

3. marisal

marisal Well-Known Member

Out of all the catalogs I got, I did not get on from them :(

But when I did a search from heirloom veggies, their site came up, and I ordered way to many tomatoes from them. I threw all my othe seed catalogs away so that I am not tempted to order anything else...I have a thing for different tomatoes, but not enough room for all that I want or I would have ordered every variety. I think I have a problem....

http://www.rareseeds.com/

~Marisa :)

4. flutemandolin

flutemandolin mark an eight, dude!

They don't have an 800 number; their phone number is 417-924-8917.

I think I have the same tomato problem! :rolleyes:

5. RANDEL

RANDEL Well-Known Member

my tomato problem is more of a bean problem. and yes as a matter of fact that does make me a bean-counter! i havent had my catalog from them yet but am looking forward to it. i only live about 40 miles from their farm.

6. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Well-Known Member

Is anyone going to the Spring Vegetable Planting festival they are having?
    My husband and I are going and our son & daughter in law are also driving over to attend. Last year they had about a 1000 people attend from all over the US and even Japan!
    The speaker list sounds good and best of all the seminar and blue grass music gathering in the evening are free-they even have free primitive camping sites available.

Hope to see some of you there,

Kathy

7. diane

diane Well-Known Member

Another bean counter??? :haha: I have been collecting beans for years. Just ordered three more that I haven't seen before.

8. Hammer

Hammer Active Member

Five years ago I planted my first heirloom veggies. Since then my whole focus has been towards heirlooms. I have tried probably 15 kinds of tomatoes and 8 or more kinds of beans and other stuff. My favorite Tomatoes are Cherokee purple and Polish paste.
    I love these two, large and great taste. So have pretty much stopped looking at trying different tomatoes. I would like to hear what others think is the best beans and other stuff. So far I keep coming back to Blue lake bush. I also like the Carnival (acorn) squash. Not that they taste that much better, just like how they look.

9. RANDEL

RANDEL Well-Known Member

diane maybe we could consider some trading activity. ive got some fairly unusual stuff. pm me if u might like to talk beans!

10. diane

diane Well-Known Member

:D RANDAL.....you have a PM