The Babys have arrived!!!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by GoldenWood Farm, Jan 12, 2005.

1. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

Yippie!! On monday night my doe was acting just slightly different in the way she wanted me to stay with her that night. No mucus but her cords where gone. So instead of sleeping in the barn (It was in the low 30's and I didn't have enough blankets) I did three hour check ups. When I got up at 4:00am to go check on her I heard her yelling for me. Went down and one kid was on the ground halfway dried and another was just coming out of her. I helped clean the newest one off and within 10 minutes she was pushing again. Long story short she kidded on her due date, had easy delivery with no problems or anything, and had EXACTLY what I wanted her to have, AND didn't have them while I was gone at work. I got 2 beautiful girls and a cute boy. One of the girls look like her momma. They averaged at I would say 5-6 pounds each.

Ramsey is a wonderful mother! She just stood there while I unclogged her teats and helped the babys to nurse. She let me help clean them off and what not. I am going to watch her and make sure that she is able to feed all three. If not I will supplement with a bottle. Needless to say it was almost a text book birth all except for the mucus before hand. Phew..1 down 6 more to go :haha: . Just had to let yall know:).

I will get some pictures up soon as I can.

MotherClucker

2. Sondra Peterson

Sondra Peterson Well-Known Member

3. Milking Mom

Milking Mom COTTON EYED DOES

Yea!!! Congratulations. I bet you can't leave them alone can ya. :p

4. Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians

Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I am so glad everything went so well for you, it usually does. Hope we get to have lots of threads this winter on all the easy kiddings. Vicki

5. GoldenWood Farm

Oh Al. Countryboy it looks to me as if it will be a girl season :D . Funny thing is that I have hardly checked on the babys this past day or two. I think the shock needs to ware off then I will be out there every minute I can :haha: . I must say that I was perfectly calm and in charge of my self during kidding. I didn't panic or anything and did everything right.

MotherClucker

6. Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians

Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians Well-Known Member

Oh Al. Countryboy it looks to me as if it will be a girl season

OH don't ever say that out loud, it's the first rule of goat breeding!!!! :haha:

Several years back my first doe had 2 doelings and one buckling.....then after bragging about this, 11 more does kidded with 36 bucklings!!! Vicki

7. Al. Countryboy

Al. Countryboy Well-Known Member

I thought about you Monday night when I stayed in the barn also. Glad things went so smooth for you and mom. :cool: Its really nice, especially for your first time for every thing to go smooth.. This was your boar cross? What colors did she have? I have forgotten what the sir was. Get those pictures coming. You may have to quit that jop and stay home and play with those kids. :) :)

8. GoldenWood Farm

Lol..they are correct color except for the last baby (a girl) who has one large spot on her back)

Their names are
    Allie Mae baby (#1)
    Ulath (baby #2)
    Ana Maria (baby #3)

I will work on getting the pics up tonight. She is a 75% boer bred to full boer. I have these kids full blood sister also and their big sis won grandchampion and junior grandchampion at fair this year. I have high hopes for these kids :D . They are all so beautiful and sweet!! I was there for Ana's birth and it was amazing!! Mae was on the ground when I got there and Ulath was almost all the way out.

MotherClucker

9. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

Oh I want babies. I sound my buck, he was getting too much for me to handle after I seperated him from the girls and I didn't want him breeding his offspring. This is my first year without babies. They'd be due about now if they were bred. I'm hoping to find a stud when I move. There are Nubians close by.

10. TwoAcresAndAGoat

TwoAcresAndAGoat Well-Known Member

:D Congratulations on you new healty and soon to be bouncing babies! :D

Mine 2 arn't due for a couple of months yet and I hope my sex ratio changes seems like I get mostly boys all the time.

:dance: Doing the happy dance for you1 :dance: