The babies are finally here!!!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by rainedaze, Apr 5, 2005.

1. rainedaze

rainedaze Well-Known Member

My Alpine/Toggenburg had two beautiful twin doelings today. This is my first time experiencing this along with my does first freshening. I did my usual panic as did my doe. My neighbor came over and helped. All if fine now. What a relief!!! We will both sleep better tonight. I have one left to go. That may also be this week. I would definately recommend knowing when your doe is bred so that you know when to expect the kids. I didn't and have been worrying for two weeks now. Next year will be different. ;)

Today 4/17/05, my Alpine doe had two beautiful twin doelings also. Their names are Brit and Oscar (my husband named her after Oscar the Grouch). That poor girl. All went quick and easy. My husband went to cut some wood for a total of 20 minutes and came back and there was a kid on the floor. She hadn't even been acting like she was in labor. :no: I hadn't even expected it and was running errands all afternoon, until I got the call that is.

2. Ellie5

Ellie5 Well-Known Member

Contratulations on your doelings. The wait sure does feel a lot longer than 5 months!

3. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

Twin doelings. Oh how wonderful. Oh I miss having babies. I didn't breed my ladies this year, but boy oh boy, wait til the fall. Congratulations on the new additions. What are you naming them?

4. goatgirl92

goatgirl92 Active Member

Congrats! Doelings too!!! I myself and still waiting for my doe you pop. She is two weeks late!! I have a post on it because im not sure how long to wait until its TOO late. If you can, please post pics. I love baby goats there are too cute! Goatgirl

5. rainedaze

I named the girls Keavy and Sheena. I'll have to figure out how to post pictures tomorrow.. :confused:

Thanks everyone for the posts and the patience of my other posts.

6. sonielikeasong

sonielikeasong New Member

I am also pretty new to these posts as of April 4th...but isn't it great to be able to share such good news with others! Our newborns were born the last week in February and it was also our first time to experience such an event! Exhilerating! One of our does gave birth to triplets but only 2 survived. Both adorable bucks and then our other doe gave birth to a single buck which was also larger in birth weight than the triplets were. We recently made withers of the 3 baby bucks and their temperments are wonderful! We so wanted some doelings like yours but will have to wait until the next season. Be sure to take lots of pix! Enjoy! How do you post pictures? When you find out let me know!
    By the way great names! Our little bucks are Chipper, Angus, and Hank.

7. goatgirl92

goatgirl92 Active Member

any updates?

Congrats on the second pair of twin does! Same thing happened to me. The vet had to help with one baby, then we all went inside for lunch because momma didnt seem to be staining none. When i came back, the whole neighbor hood was over looking at the 2 babies! We had a boy and a girl.

8. greenacres

greenacres Well-Known Member

Congrats!! It is nice when things go well.

9. rainedaze

Both of the girls are doing great at a week old!! The mom is milking 3 lbs/twice a day. I am not sure if that is good but it is feeding the babies so I guess it's good for me. I still do not know how to post pictures so I will post them to my website later this week and then post the website here.

Thanks, Heather

10. dbarjacres

dbarjacres Well-Known Member Supporter

Congrats Heather! Does Cooper play with them?