Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experinced that dreadful feeling of waking from that dream that you're urinating? That has to be the most unsettling dream of all!

Roger told me that his is that dream where you're searching all over for a restroom!

Just the other night I woke up to that "Oh no!" feeling and hit the bathroom! It isn't funny at the time, but the next morning it is!

·
bunny slave
4,389 Posts
Ardie/WI said:
Roger told me that his is that dream where you're searching all over for a restroom!
I have this all the time. I never seem to find one. :Bawling:

But it gets a lot worse than that...last night, I dreamt that my grandmother died, and then that some guy was chasing me and I wound up killing him with a letter opener in the neck. Lotsa blood. Wasn't a very restful night. :help:

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Makes you feel any better last night I had a dream that we lived next to a field that grew Mac n cheese. ROFL And there we sat on the porch watching the big blue Kraft trucks harvesting it. I woke and thought, "What the heck?!" LOL
God Bless,
Michele

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Hate to say it, Ardie:

One word: Depends :rolleyes:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Yes, I get that every now & then, and it sure is frustrating! I think I have myself pretty well trained now to wake up after spending so much time searching in the dream.

·
Premium Member
9,245 Posts
Those "pee dreams" can be realistic, no? I had the dream I was in a restroom stall peeing- realized something wasn't kosher when a nun in an oldfashioned habit proceeded to enter the stall and converse with me...
I've been having a lot of dreams about reallizing I'm naked in the midst of crowds...

·
Registered
627 Posts
Grandmotherbear said:
Those "pee dreams" can be realistic, no? I had the dream I was in a restroom stall peeing- realized something wasn't kosher when a nun in an oldfashioned habit proceeded to enter the stall and converse with me...
I've been having a lot of dreams about reallizing I'm naked in the midst of crowds...
LOL!

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
I thought you meant the kind of dreams that are terrifying - like someone breaking into your home and trying to kill you, etc., and you wake up in a cold sweat with your heart pounding, and trying to catch your breath.

·
Registered
414 Posts
That's what I call "the bathroom" dream. Usually, I have to go really bad and am in a public place. I either can't find the bathroom or if I do, there's something wrong with every stall. Either the door is missing or the toilet isn't working or someone is in every stall. I checked a "dream" site on the internet and it says that's a frustration dream. There is something in your life that you can't resolve or a project you can't seem to complete. I must say, I'm somewhat relieved to know other people have the "bathroom" dream. I thought I was the only one.

Other forms of frustration dreams are trying to phone someone (urgently) and you can't dial the numbers correctly, or you're waiting for the school bus and realize you're still in your p.j.s (I think we've ALL had that one, LOL!). I used to work at a place way out in the sticks and only had 1/2 hour for lunch, so I had to bring lunch all the time. One of my frustration dreams at that time was I'd open my lunch box and have no lunch or I'd stop somewhere on my way to work and couldn't find anything I could buy or have no money.

I've also had those horrifying dreams that seem so real you can't tell if you still asleep or are awake. Very vivid. You can recall colors and smells, etc. Scary.

Much prefer those wonderful "flying" dreams. I'm like Superman or Peter Pan. I go visit places from my childhood. Love those!

·
newfieannie
9,192 Posts
I have this occuring dream where I'm searching everywhere for TP. invariably I always wake up at the end of it sitting on my toilet surrounded by TP.
My fear is when I move to my new house at the end of aug. I will not know where the bathroom is in my sleep and I will go outside or something. ..Georgia.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Trevilians said:
That's what I call "the bathroom" dream. Usually, I have to go really bad and am in a public place. I either can't find the bathroom or if I do, there's something wrong with every stall. Either the door is missing or the toilet isn't working or someone is in every stall. I checked a "dream" site on the internet and it says that's a frustration dream.
I figured it was my brain's way of telling me, "Wake UP, dummy! Get up and go to the bathroom before you pee the bed!"

In my "gotta pee" dreams, I often find myself in a huge public restroom that has toilets, but no stalls. If I happen to find a row of toilets far enough away from everybody else, something's wrong with them--they're about to overflow or are filthy.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one!!
Thanks for the info Trevilians. I've always wondered why I had them.

When I find one it's in a small closet, or the door is too short, everyone can see right over it......or it's too short from the bottom up and everyone can see under it.
The toilets are always full, running over or do not have a seat, it's just a hole in the floor.

I have not had one of the dreams for few months, maybe I'm not frustrated anymore. lol

·
nosey, but disinterested
3,220 Posts
When I was still married I had a dream I caught my husband cheating. So real I was mad at him all week. I also had a recurring dream that the baby was crying and I couldn't find him, while I was pregnant. Not so different from every other pregnant woman I suspect. The bathroom dream has never gotten too far, thank goodness! I have had it but always (so far) wake up in time!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Our 5y/o DD is in the final stages of potty training (still wears pull-ups to bed). Every we morning over breakfast, we discuss what we dreamed about and a few weeks ago she had the "bathroom dream" where she had to pee but couldn't find a bathroom. She was pretty amazed that when she woke up from it, she actually had to pee! It's fun looking at the world through 5 y/o eyes.

I've had the bathroom dream a few times, often the chase dream where bad guys are pursuing us, a lot of my-car-got-stolen dreams, and several recurring ones where my crazy stalker ex-girlfriend shows up at my house with her whole family or another one where my family goes camping but forgot the tent poles. Dreams are fun, like watching a bad movie.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I have the bathroom dreams quite often and it's usually because I really do have to go and it's my brain's way of getting me moving. Thankfully I haven't woke up to a water bed in many years, but I've had them off and on most of my life (I'm 38). Usually the bathrooms are gross, have no doors and are very busy, or the toilets are overflowing. You're not the only one!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
chickenmommy said:
When I was still married I had a dream I caught my husband cheating. So real I was mad at him all week. !

I had that same dream about a year ago. I was mad at him for a while too. Then I was mad at myself for being mad at him for something he did in a dream! It just got really confusing :baby04:

·
Premium Member
5,256 Posts
I've always heard that there is nothing that you've lived, experienced or gone through that someone else hasn't been there, too. But I never expected to hear of another person having the "pee dream". :)

I have them rarely and I know in my dream that I really have to go to the bathroom and as long as I'm able to wake up and get to the bathroom in time, everything is fine.

But there has been two or three times in the past where my dreams get to the point that I finally find the bathroom and I'm urinating and then I realize something is wrong...then I wake up. Too late!

No one else got that far, huh. Just me? :shrug:

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
AR Cattails said:
But there has been two or three times in the past where my dreams get to the point that I finally find the bathroom and I'm urinating and then I realize something is wrong...then I wake up. Too late!

No one else got that far, huh. Just me? :shrug:
Not since one time when I was 8 years old, knock wood.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts