Homesteading Forum banner

What are you going to do with the extra cash from the 3 month suspension of the federal gas tax?

• 1. Upgrade to name brand bologna

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 2. Buy cheap booze

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • 3. Go to a better barber

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Donate it to BLM

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 5. Undecided. I haven't had this much extra cash in years.

Votes: 8 50.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure it has been suspended? I think Congress has to pass it.

You may be right. The radio news said he suspended it but I do think Congress has to act. I suspect they will rather than be slammed in the press for voting it down. Either way, $.18 per gallon doesn't help when gas is over $5.00

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
You may be right. The radio news said he suspended it but I do think Congress has to act. I suspect they will rather than be slammed in the press for voting it down. Either way, $.18 per gallon doesn't help when gas is over $5.00
Either way, if Brandon’s team is willing to give up tax revenue to actually make it easier for the less-equals to drive their world-polluting white supremacy machines, you can rest assured that they’re really, really desperate.

·
Registered
22,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Either way, if Brandon’s team is willing to give up tax revenue to actually make it easier for the less-equals to drive their world-polluting white supremacy machines, you can rest assured that they’re really, really desperate.

I saw a picture somewhere of an electric car sitting along a highway out of electricity being charged by a gasoline powered generator. How appropriate.

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
I remember when candidate Obama made fun of the Republicans for trying to push through a $0.30 per gallon gas tax holiday....fjb

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
I remember when candidate Obama made fun of the Republicans for trying to push through a $0.30 per gallon gas tax holiday....fjb
Yeah, something about it being a “gimmick” to try to buy votes in an upcoming election.

I guess either Obama or Biden is a shameless liar… or maybe it’s their supporters.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I wonder how many poor people there are in America that are happy with the Biden presidency. I think his support consists mainly of upper middle class white readers of the New York Times, listeners of NPR, and watchers of SNL. These people are on another planet. If they saw honest dirt they'd feel the urge to sanitize it.

Reactions: Vjk, doc- and poppy

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Not only a gimmick, but really, really stupid....

This is a demand side economic approach and not only doomed to falure, but will result in higher gas prices. I'm sure Big Oil loves it.....When you interfere by forcing price down, you increase demand. When demand goes up, prices go up.

Supply side economics-- Reagonomics, the approach Kennedy & Trump advocated, interferes by encouraging increased production/supply, thus pushing prices lower.

It's not Putin's Inflation. It's the inflation caused by The Pupetteers in DC. We should be expecting Five Year Plans from The Central Committee next.

·
Registered
14,883 Posts
I wonder how many poor people there are in America that are happy with the Biden presidency. I think his support consists mainly of upper middle class white readers of the New York Times, listeners of NPR, and watchers of SNL. These people are on another planet. If they saw honest dirt they'd feel the urge to sanitize it.
I've seen more Chupacabras than unpaid wearers of this hat.
Hat Cricket cap Cap Baseball cap Font

·
Registered
293 Posts
Even Schumer and Pelosi are ignoring this.
It ain't gonna happen.

·
Registered
807 Posts
let them eat cheesecake.

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Supply side economics-- Reagonomics, the approach Kennedy & Trump advocated, interferes by encouraging increased production/supply, thus pushing prices lower.
^^^THIS^^^

1 - 20 of 21 Posts