Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is really weird, but a good thing.

i went to bed but couldn't sleep. my finger was bugging me. my middle finger which is all still there, just smushed. i unwrapped it thinking maybe the bandage was pinching it. there was a bit of dead skin sticking up, so i carefully peeled it with some tweezers. the entire end of my finger ended up peeling....scabs and all. underneath all that, it looks almost perfect! sensitive new skin, but no scars at all. it's still swollen and a bit mis-shapen, but i'm really impressed. it should look as good as new when it's done healing. the bone in there was all broken and i don't know how long that takes to heal, but once that is done...you'll never be able to tell it was damaged.

i did not mess with the nail, which is still stuck on there, but i can see the new one growing up underneath it. I'd say it's about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way there.

i'm sorry if this is too off-topic, but it is just pretty trippy. i never expected my "old" finger to just peel away so dramatically to reveal the new version. never experienced anything like this in my life. i kind of feel like a snake....

jena

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
"Time heals all wounds." :) It is wonderful to hear how your healing progresses.

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
The body is an amazing thing. Thank you so much for updating us. Truly something to make us smile this morning. Please continue to let us know how you you progress.

Ponderosa Q

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Hey Jena, Glad to hear you are on the heal. With that new skin that finger is going to feel as smooth as a baby bottom. Take Care, Kathy

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Ken Scharabok said:
Just a toss in: Comfrey is also known as 'bone knit' as it was once used as a wound dressing.

Comfrey is ABSOLUTELY the best wound dressing there is! I use it on people, horses, the cat...whoever needs fixing. There is no need for that expensive antibiotic cream anymore.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
What exactly is comfrey? Something you grow or find in the store :D

Ann[/QUOTE]

You can grow it (if your thumb is green enough-mine isn't), but it's probably better to buy it, because it has to be harvested at the right time, & handled just right. I got the lady at the health food store to order mine. You can also search "bulk herbs" & buy it on line.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
We use Burts Bees.Dr Burts comfrey ointment it is the best healing salve I have ever tried.good for age spots too.Mary

U

·
0 Posts
That is amazing! Good news.

I have lost a third of my little toe on one foot and also the tip of my left forefinger (on different occasions). Each has grown back such that you would have to look very, very closely to even see a scar.

-Jack_cville

1 - 12 of 12 Posts