That Ohio Get Together... fill us in!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by seedspreader, Jul 22, 2006.

1. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

Hey all!

I had a busy day today, but was thinking about you all. How was the meeting. How about some pictures? And a list of who showed up for those of us who missed it!

2. mammabooh

mammabooh Metal melter Supporter

Nope...we're not tellin' ya anything about it.

3. Niki

Niki mini-steader

Sorry I missed meeting you. I hooked up with Bill and Rick at Lehman's and I guess everyone else had already left. :Bawling:

4. sweetcountrygrl

sweetcountrygrl Well-Known Member

We had a wonderful time with everyone. The time went SO fast. How many of us (other than those in attendance of course) can say they got kicked out of a restaurant by the Amish!!! LOL :baby04:

Mamma -- Loved seeing you and the family again. I get such a kick out of the little one. If you ever want to rent him out for the weekend I've got first dibs!

Doc & "Mrs. Doc" -- It was wonderful to see you again. I promise to work on Dave and his vinegar problem :rolleyes:

Mike -- I'll never see a samuri the same way again -- or Pipi Longstocking.

Rick, Bill, and "Gordon" it was a pleasure to meet you as well.

We all have to do this again soon.

5. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

How bout the next one we do at one of our places? (I'd offer up my place even though we ain't been here too long and don't have everything the way we want it!)

Sept/Oct time would be fun... Man Ohio is beautiful at that time of year.

6. mammabooh

mammabooh Metal melter Supporter

I'll consider that an invitation. Name the time and we'll be there. I'll bring some homemade goodies.

7. billooo2

billooo2 Well-Known Member Supporter

That sounds like a great idea!!!

I was asking people who were there if they would like to have one of these twice/year. Everyone seemed to think that it was a good idea.

I am not sure of all the reasons (maybe I think too much :nerd: ), but it was just a lot of fun......nice people to be with.....and just relaxing and enjoyable. :dance:

Also...I want to put in a good word for the restaurant.....they were great to deal with in setting up the reservations for the room. They even had a sign set up...."Homesteading Today!!!"

Maybe if we could set dates far enough ahead so that people could plan for it.....and avoid "problem" weekends......and maybe look for festivals/fairs/etc that might be happening the same weekend.

8. doc623

doc623 Well-Known Member

Mrs. and I had a good time.
    Meeting and greeting old and new faces.
    Nice to see familiar faces.
    Good to talk and exchange ideas and info.
    Missed those that could not attend.
    Like the idea/invitation that Zeal Youth Guy
    a.k.a. Bob from Ohio has extended.
    Say when.
    Could bring some home made 'vinegar'.

9. bargarguy

bargarguy Well-Known Member

Doc
    If your bringin the vinegar sweetcountrygirl and I are there.

Bob
    I think thats a great idea about having it at some ones place, time does tend to go quickly, it is nice to be in a room with people that do not think canning and such are strange.

10. Mike in Ohio

Mike in Ohio Well-Known Member

ZYG,

It was amazing....simply amazing. One day the truth may come out and they'll make a movie of it. It put Secondhand Lions to shame. Vinegar drinking, pot growing Amish, identity theft were just a few of the things we can't tell you about. And can you imagine, we were kicked out by the Amish under threat of financial penalty.

Simply amazing.......

11. RedTartan

RedTartan Icelandic Sheep Supporter

Oh, I wish I could have been there. I WILL be at the next one. I vote for Zeal's place in October!

:) RedTartan

12. Mike in Ohio

I vote that we have the next get-together at Bill's place and we all bring shovels and a dish for a shared lunch. I'm willing to spend some time helping shovel the debris into the dumpster.

Sorry if I'm intruding where I'm not wanted Bill. I'm booked up for the next couple weekends but if you make it just a little further out I can make it.

Mike

13. Niki

Niki mini-steader

Providing everything falls into place, there are some of us who are going to Bill's in a few weeks. If you would like, I will contact you and let you know the details.

14. Mike in Ohio

Niki, let me know. I don't know if I can make it in the next few weeks (you missed my litany at lunch of things going on for DW and I over the next few weeks). If I can make it I will.

Mike

15. Gordon-Schumway

Gordon-Schumway Well-Known Member

I had a great time ! I have been thrown out of worse places by better Amish people. LMAO I must have a thing for foriegn ticks as Mandy pulled about 5 off of me when I got home. I liked spending time on Mike's farm. You get to hear a man's dreams matched to reality's expectations and he has those covered. I am sorry I missed meeting Niki. I should have gone to Lehmans but I had seen it before I went to lunch.
    I arrived back home at 12:30 am and watched Arturo Gatti's defeat. I hope he quits boxing now. He has delighted fans for 16 years and it is time for him to relax and raise a family.

I'm thinking of having a big party in the fall with a huge dusk to dawn bonfire and Pig Roast. Maybe we can rock those self instilled opinions of who the militia really are ?????

16. Niki

Niki mini-steader

Okay. I will let you know. We will be going down when the dumpster arrives. Sorry I missed the opportunity to meet you. Perhaps next time ;)

17. Gordon-Schumway

Gordon-Schumway Well-Known Member

Anyone willing to have a barn raising at Bill's ?????

18. marvella

marvella Well-Known Member

i'd like to suggest you take notice of how the AR homesteader picnics have been organized. they have been meeting at least twice a year for 4 or 5 years now. they reserve campsites (with all the amenities.) it's a ball. :dance: i went to one a year or two ago, and am seriously considering this one coming up. don't let the size of the thread bother you. ask, and someone will be along directly to give you an answer. :)

19. pistolsmom

pistolsmom Well-Known Member

Ok folks you gotta tell us.........why did you get kicked outta the restaurant??

20. Mike in Ohio

Joel. I was just being a good host (I had 4 ticks on me when I got home) so I figured I'd let you have the odd one.

Glad you enjoyed tromping around.

Mike