That blinking light thing

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by CountryMamaof5, Sep 2, 2006.

1. CountryMamaof5

CountryMamaof5 Well-Known Member

Im sorry I dont recall what it was called but I saw an ad in the magazine. It claims to keep owls and other predators away and it runs without electricity or gas. I believe 40 dollars and it blinks a light which animals think is another animals eyes and hence, keeps them away

I believe i have an owl coming around and since I can't just shoot the stupid thing or trap it, I need to just keep it away. Has anyone tried this blinking light gadget? does it work? Does it not work? Anyone have any experience with it?

2. Ana Bluebird

Ana Bluebird Well-Known Member Supporter

I saw one in a storage unit for storing campers that kept birds away. It blinked and made horrible sounds on an intermitent basis. Looked like it worked for day-time birds. I don't know about night birds.

3. CountryMamaof5

Hmm .. If you ever get a chance ask if it keeps birds away lol. I really need something to work

4. End of the Road

End of the Road Well-Known Member

www.niteguard.com

Nite Guard is made by Oakwood Game Farm, Inc. and might be what you are talking about.

5. Christiaan

Christiaan Dutch Highlands Farm

I've used Nitegards for about 6 years against both owls and four-footed varmints. They work as advertised when setup correctly and last a long time, my last original one died last spring. They even work against the two-footed varmints! They're between $25 and $30 each.

6. njmama

njmama Well-Known Member

Their add in Countryside says FULL MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. 24.95 each

7. CountryMamaof5

Ahhh well in that case, I think i will get one. How do you test if it works? Leave a chicken or two in the tree? lol

THanks for the imput!