Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
In Memorium
15,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't it scare the stuffin's out'a a person! My first thought is "What happened?".

It was just a call from Roger's work! They followed protocal. They phoned his cell phone, got no immediate response and called our land line.

But, I didn't get back to sleep again! Oh well, I'll sleep well tonight!

The darn cat thought it was time for us to get up and feed him so he stood on us and meowed. That didn't work so he stomped. I never saw a cat that could make so much noise walking around.

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Ardie - my cat rattles any paper she can find when she thinks I should be up.
I throw small pillows at her when it's a weekend and she does that.

Glad that the phone call was not an emergency.

Angie

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Oh yeah Ardie I hate those early morning phone calls, I tend to panic right away.. that happened when my mom passed away and my brother called us at 5 am..
DH gets phone calls at that time of the night sometimes, it's usually the alarm at the office was tripped.. but they sure scare me and i can't sleep very well afterwards.

·
Critter Mama
974 Posts
My siamese will sit on me and meow to get up. If its light, it must be time for breakfastr, lol. If i try and cover my head to get away from her, she will stick her paw under the blankets and pat my face. If that doesnt work she will sit on my head :cool:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
In my town you don't want to place a for sale ad in the local paper and list your phone number. People have called us in the middle of the night inquiring about the item. I asked one guy what he was doing up at that hour reading the newspaper...he said he just got off work from the local chicken plant.

·
Premium Member
17,383 Posts
Years ago I was the "point man" for a large fundraising event involving 1000s of people and 30 different small towns in rural MN. We had one of those cheap phones with an anemic ring. First nice night of spring we opened our window (overlooking the pond). About 4 AM I awake to the chirp chirp chirp of our phone. I was half way there before I realized that I had gotten out of bed to answer the frogs.................. :D

·
I love South Dakota
5,320 Posts
Just last week I got a call on my cell phone at 6am. It was my daughter, and she lives two time zones away, so it was 4am her time. I actually said a quick prayer before I answered.

Her first words "Hi Mom, I have an emergency."

But she sounded cheerful, so I didn't panic, and waited for her to finish.

"I got accepted into the school, and need to get the FAFSA filled our right away"

Yes, I know where my gray hair comes from!

Cathy

·
Registered
456 Posts
We get phone calls all the time at weird hours. My number has been published in magazine ads for years, and when people three time zones away will call at 9PM their time and want to order something or talk about our products. If they are in CA, that is midnight our time!

I'm also registered with several international trade groups, and more than once have we gotten a call at 2AM from somebody in some 3rd world country trying to sell me rugs or something. (in broken English, of course)

We have the mixed blessing of having no family we are close with to get scary emergency calls from, so if the phone rings in the middle of the night, we just let voicemail pick it up.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
When my dear grandmother passed, the call came at barely 7 a.m., which certainly isn't anything like 4 a.m., it is still early enough that I knew something had happened. Sure enough.

My cat used to rub her paws on the wall beside the bed. She was declawed so she didn't do any damage but she was trying to claw the wall to get me up to feed her.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
tinknal said:
Years ago I was the "point man" for a large fundraising event involving 1000s of people and 30 different small towns in rural MN. We had one of those cheap phones with an anemic ring. First nice night of spring we opened our window (overlooking the pond). About 4 AM I awake to the chirp chirp chirp of our phone. I was half way there before I realized that I had gotten out of bed to answer the frogs.................. :D
I was exceedingly annoyed the time I jumped out of bed to answer my cell phone, and actually had it to my ear and was trying to figure out why it wasn't answering at 2 in the morning -- only to realize that the ringing cell phone was on a commercial on my clock radio.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.