Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
NICE! In the next few weeks I'm going to practice smoking a ham for Christmas. And here's # 2 for today. View attachment 102419
Looks nice. Just a pie crust tip. If you want it not to shrink down into the pie plate when baking, roll it a little larger & put a little water on the edge of the plate when putting the crust in.

·
Registered
36,748 Posts
Looks nice. Just a pie crust tip. If you want it not to shrink down into the pie plate when baking, roll it a little larger & put a little water on the edge of the plate when putting the crust in.
Another tip - We started using this to stop the crust from getting too brown.

Tableware Dishware Body jewelry Tire Bangle

·
Premium Member
3,736 Posts
At my age I don't feel the need for any practice runs. But I am still stupid enough to leave the marinade out on the porch to cool last night. Yes, bear or something got into it and spilled it all over the place.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Our Thanks Giving here is earlier in the year... It seems things never come out as picture perfect as in Better Homes and Gardens and other pretentious publications.. But that sells magazines..

Everything, including the lop sided pie tastes just as good..

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Sweet potatoe/no yams. For those who like pics. My apologies on using prefab pie shells. Next project is doe from scratch. View attachment 102565 View attachment 102566 View attachment 102567 View attachment 102568 View attachment 102569 View attachment 102570
Looks nice.

When you're ready, here's a pie crust recipe for you.
12 ounces all purpose flour
8 ounces butter, cut in chunks
4 ounces (thereabout) ice water

Mix the butter into the flour until it looks like fine crumbs. Add the water until it just comes together. Done. Roll out as needed. The key is to keep everything cold.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts