Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my doe finally kidded. It has been 70degrees here and raining for a week .A cold front moved in and it is sunny but 20 degrees. So she had them this am at 20 degrees.When I put her up a month ago she smelled bucky and sure enough two large bucklings.They are out of my spotted nubian buck MO MO he sired 20 kids this spring and I got some great colors but only one with one spot. Well of course one of the bucklings is spotted.Should have been a doe (sigh).So I have a spotted boer/nubian buckling.The other is black and tan.Cute though.I'll have to get pic's .Right now I am still shivering and thawing out.I had to help with the first one as one leg was hung above his head not much though and the second came right out after I unstuck the first one.

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
Yay! looks like you beat Reicheru on the thanksgiving babies! Can't wait to see the pictures :) Congratulations to you

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I've been waiting all day to post these
They didn't quit shivering all day so I made them matching goatie sweaters out of old sweater sleeves.They have a heat lamp and blankies out there but insist on laying out in the cold. I hope they will be okay. I figure they are out of the wind and it is probably better to leave them with mom than bring them into the warm house and then back into the cold.

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
awwww so cute!!!! Love the spots :) mama looks happy! Congrats!

·
Registered
629 Posts
So darling! Love the spots!
That is what my does do when they are due--when the temperature drops...they drop! Their kids that is!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts