Thanksgiving is here again. What are you thankful for?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Kenneth in NC, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Kenneth in NC

Kenneth in NC Well-Known Member

I'm Thankful that our homestead repairs are almost done.

I'm thankful for my wife. Whom loves me no matter how childish I act. :nana:

I'm thankful for my daughter whom allows me to relive my youth and play the silly games I never had time for. :eek:

I'm Thankful for my friends here on HT whom I have grown accustomed to.

I'm thankful for Chuck, and I'm glad he chooses to provide a common meeting place to share ideas. :goodjob:

I'm thankful that my nephews baby boy was born healthy.

I'm thankful that the doctor back in November (2004) last year was wrong and I am still alive.

How about you What are you thankful for?

Kenneth in NC

2. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

So MUCH to be thankful for. I'm alive! And I have a home! And my home is on a little farm!And my home does not have a mortgage. And I'm sitting at the puter looking out on the poultry pen watching my birds. And it is so pretty here and DD is doing so much better healthwise with her diet. And I have friends to talk to. And God has been sssoooooooooo good to me!

3. midwsthomestead

midwsthomestead joy seeker

I LOVE threads like this one!!

I'm thankful for:

*Our Savior-- for without him we'd have none of these things. Most of all the "Hallelujah Anyway" gift. (meaning no matter what happens to us here on this earth, we're going to Heaven and all will be perfect, so HALLELUJAH ANYWAY!!)

*My Husband-- o' am I thankful for him. How do I love thee, let me count the ways.... God must've been training him to be mine for oh-so-long, Lord knows I'm 'somethin else'!

*Our Children--the hearts that walk around outside our bodies allowing us to experience every emotion possible in every range possible.

*Our Home--whilst anywhere my family is would be home, we're so blessed with this homestead and the promise of things to come.

*My Mother--for the time that I had her.

*Our Friends and Family to share this life and prayerfully the eternal life with as well.

*So many more good and wonderful blessings....but these are the closest to my heart.

Who's next?!?

~~

4. jessin

jessin Well-Known Member

My family is healthy,our house is warm,and god continues to provide for our every need!

5. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Well-Known Member

I'm thankful that I've stayed healthy for yet another year-8yrs in remission!! :clap:

I'm thankful that although life can be rough; there is good that can come out of adversity.

I'm thankful that my Son and DIL are going to make me a first time grandma next May!

I'm thankful for all of my friends; both old and new!

I'm thankful that I'm loved

I'm thankful that I have a roof over my head, a full pantry and a warm bed to sleep in.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! [​IMG]

6. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

I am thankful for mysaviour, my family, and our good health, and all that the LORD, and provided for us.

7. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Well-Known Member

I am thankful for my new son (12 days old).

8. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

that is wondrful, freeinalaska. got much snow up your way?that would be a big thing to be thankful not to have , but we are going to get a big storm. so, so mcuh for that.

9. MaineFarmMom

MaineFarmMom Columnist, Feature Writer

Aawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww........

10. MississippiSlim

MississippiSlim Well-Known Member

I am thankful that we suvived Hurricane Katrina and her aftermath

11. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Well-Known Member

Thanks....We really just started getting snow this week and we are actually thankful. All of November has been below 0 and without a good layer of snow folks water and septic will freeze up. Not so much worry for us water hauling outhouse using folks, but we are thankful for the snow before the temp drops from a balmy -4 to -30 in the next two days.

12. jassytoo

jassytoo Well-Known Member Supporter

My goodness, I'm thankful for so many things. I feel quite ashamed when I think about it that I ever complain at all. I'm thankful for my DH and my children and grandchildren. I'm sooo thankful that our handicapped grandson is doing so well and staying healthy. I'm thankful for our comfortable home and our other land. I'm thankful to the Lord for all his blessings.

13. michiganfarmer

michiganfarmer Max Supporter

everyone summed it all up, but Im gonna repeat them anyway: My wife, My Kids, My parents,My health

14. midwsthomestead

midwsthomestead joy seeker

Awwww 12 days old is so little n floppy!! Precious!

~~Congrats to your family~~

15. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

..............I'm thankful that my land\home is paid for and I can sell it and use the proceeds to initiate the next phase of my life which is living in a travel trailer , working and being able to travel around and see this beautiful country and meet new people .
    ..............I'm thankful I have my health , a sense of humor so I don't take myself Too seriously . I'm thankful we live in pluralistic society that allows ALL citizens to worship as they wish , that we can speakout and criticize any governmental agency , politican , or private citizen when we feel compelled to do so .
    ..............I'm thankful that a forgiving God saw fit to save my life after a major car wreck in 1969 because I would have probably ended up in prision or dead because I was drinking and raising too much H---!
    ..............And , lastly I'm thankful because I finally figured out that "My arms are Too short to box :eek: with God".....fordy..... :bow: :goodjob:

16. southrngardngal

southrngardngal Well-Known Member

I am thankful that one night God, through Billy Graham, showed me that I am His prodigal child and that He was waiting to welcome me home. My life has never been the same and I am thankful for that.

I am thankful that He sent my DH into my life. And that we have had 18 hard but wonderful years together. I am thankful for the three children that I bore and the one that I inherited when I married her Dad. I am thankful for our six grandchildren and our three son-in-laws and our daughter-in-law. I am thankful that we still have our Mothers and that my Mother found a great man to care for her after my Dad died. She was widowed for nine years and has been married again for 11. I am thankful for our siblings and their spouses and children.

I am thankful for the Daddy that I had. He showed me what a husband and Daddy should be like and what to look for in the man I chose to be my husband. (I did have to try the second time to get it right!!!!)

I am thankful that I live in the U.S.A. where freedom is free but it is wonderful to be free to speak our minds if we aren't happy with the way our government is being run. (And believe me, I speak up plenty...LOL)

I am thankful that even though a lot of people disagree with my personal religious beliefs I am still free and privilaged to believe and worship as I choose.

I am thankful that I found this forum filled with so many nice people that are willing to teach me the things that I need to learn to be self-sufficient.

And lastly, I am thankful that God has kept my son and grandson in His loving, protecting hands while they have been deployed to Iraq. If it is in His will they both will be home for good in just a few more weeks. Then I will be even more thankful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. Psalm 100:4

17. Gagirl

Gagirl North Carolina

I am thankful that Jesus died for me and loves me.......
    For a wonderful family.......
    For the rain that came yesterday .......
    For the lil things that mean a whole bunch to me.........

18. country friend

country friend country friend

I thank Jesus for saving me . My wife of 29 years ,are two boys , are grandchildren . Are Church a great pastor and his wife , The homesteading way of life , For living in the U.S.A. , Thankful for this homesteading today site . Even though I was raised the homesteading way and now almost fivty years old there are still things to learn here.
    Indiana Country Friend Jack Bunyard

19. Cindy in Nebraska

Cindy in Nebraska Well-Known Member

I am thankful for wonderful family, friends, and our farm. I am thankful I am getting to know you and your wife, Stella. I will call Stella. God has been so good to us. Take care and Happy Thanksgiving. Cindy

20. ellebeaux

ellebeaux Well-Known Member

Just for the clarification - you're saying 12 day old baby AND outhouse? Wow, I'm impressed! Do you have running water inside at all?