Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd hadn't seen this thread started yet (unless I've had a senior moment and didn't see it :lookout:)...

Since most of us will be giving thanks this week (more than our everyday "thanks") and having a Thanksgiving meal, what are YOU thankful for?

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
I for one Am thankfull, The the Blessings the Lord GOD has given me, I then in my small way try and share the Blessings All year long, This thanksgiving I Am doing, As in Cooking Dinner for up to 18 Guests who are invited, To share the meal. Just tonite I Added another Person, One I really don't even know, But I was informed his Family threw him out when he turned 18 A few months back, The boy is trying to work and go to school. So Tru Others I know he was invited. The season means to me Above all else sharing , and being with others. I feel blessed to be able to provide Dinner for A large group.I think thats what its All about.The lord has done so much for me, And It just feels right to do for others..

·
Enjoying Four Seasons
3,107 Posts
I have a TON to be thankful for....but the things I think most about are the ones that we lived without for a number of years. Our own home and water pipes that don't freeze and ENOUGH water to have a garden and the animals we do now. :)

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! :)

·
Premium Member
4,094 Posts
after my ranting MIL thread, i feel i should say what i AM thankful for!!....

my kids first, they are great kids, fun and each has their very own ways. a close second is the hubby that fathered them! he is a good man, doesn't drink, smoke, or any of the other more terrible things. he takes us all to church, out for dinner when he can, buys me more things than i need, and puts up with some of my ways that i am certain any other man wouldn't! he breaks my horses for me, and lets the dogs in the house altho that goes against his ways. he still holds my hand when we drive somewhere.

i have a whole penful of horses that are, imho, totally splendid! i also have goats with good milk, dogs that are just plain cool.

hubby just got a new, better job, we have everything we need and most of what we want. we are healthy too! we are warm, full bellies, and decent clothes.

i also feel thankful for the support i've found here with some of those issues on other threads.

oh yes, we are truly blessed.

·
Semper Fidelis
4,609 Posts
I am thankful that my father who has been in and out of the hospital is back home and is doing better.

That and all of us kids are here in Michigan at the family home (dad has been here since 1955) togeather, and we all are the best of freinds as adults while living very different lifestyles. My brother just got in from Tucson today, and we had a wonderful meal this evening with our dad presiding over us kids and grandkids at the table...

Thanksgiving day will be even more fun with us kids cooking and my little sister gets to not cook - so she can sit at the table with a cup of coffee and tell her brothers and her kids what we are doing wrong in the kitchen...

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I am thankful for my Hubby, our four children, their spouses and our six grandchildren. They are all healthy and reasonably happy and more than that so far all are still employed which is a blessing in itself.

i am thankful that I can now see. To me this is one of my most wonderful blessings that I have ever received.

I'm thankful that we have a home, clothing, food, warmth and a country where we can still call ourselves free.

I am thankful that my MIL is doing well and that I still have my baby sister with us this Thanksgiving after she suffered a heart attack a couple of months ago.

There's not room for me to list all the things that I am thankful for but the Good Lord knows my heart.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

SGG-Jan

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
I am thankful that our relationship with my daughter's boyfriend has been restored. I am thankful for all of my family, especially my dad (my mom's been gone 3 years now), I am very thankful that my daughter is alive (she has been drinking to excess this year and driving and just being stupid with it), I'm thankful that we still have the freedom to worship freely and that we still have some of our freedoms.

·
wife,mom,taxi driver,cook
6,674 Posts
I'm thankful that we have a God that loves us despite ourselves! Over the last month He has shown me over and over that He is going to provide for us.....even when I doubt the most. I'm thankful for my children...they're a blessing to me. I'm thankful for dh. We have out issues at times but all in all I'd say we're perfectly suited for each other. I'm thankful for my sister....I love her dearly. And last but not least I'm thankful for our church family. They have just adopted us and over the years when we have needed anything they're there. I'm thankful that I can put a wonderful meal on the table and be with my family tomorrow. And I'm thankful to the men and women who fight for our country to protect us.

·
Waste of bandwidth
10,618 Posts
At my core, I am thankful for my wife and children. That they are healthy and the strong, intelligent individuals that they are. And that they are foolish enough to love me.

Everything else is icing on the cake.

Such as, I am thankful that rain is liquid, clear and nourishing. If it were solid, opaque and stinky, I'd get mighty tired of shoveling it.

I'm thankful for gravity. I like knowing that my house will be in the same place when I return.

I'm thankful that I don't understand women. That mystery provided something to be attracted to.

I'm thankful that I don't understand men. They mystery gives me something to cruse.

I'm thankful that puppies are warm and fuzzy. Cold and slimy just wouldn't be the same.

I'm thankful that cats don't have opposable thumbs.

I'm thankful that I didn't do all in youth that my strength would allow before I had the advantage of my meager wisdom.

I'm thankful that police car wasn't really following me.

I'm thankful that some people wear offensive T-shirts. It saves a lot of time I might have wasted getting to know them.

I'm thankful for politicians because, when I'm feeling the lowest of low, I'll still have someone to look down on.

I'm thankful that the day is the day and the night is the night because, if it were the other way around, I'd be totally mixed up.

I'm thankful that the winter is cold because I'd sweat like a pig if I had to wear my winter clothes when it was hot outside.

I'm thankful that I've learned to laugh at my mistakes and am not the only one who isn't.

I'm thankful that my mother and father met before they were both old and fat.

I'm thankful that Pauley Shore's career is pretty much over.

I'm thankful for Melissa, Christine and everyone else that keeps this site up and running smoothly because, frankly, I'm a little worried about what some of the posters here might do if they didn't have an outlet for the extra time on their hands.

And I will be thankful if everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving and manages to find their own treasures in the midst of all the commotion.

·
Registered
31,750 Posts
Thankful every day to wake up on the RIGHT side of the grass!

Thankful for my entire family. Youngest son and family will be here TODAY!!

So thankful for our home and 20 ac 60 mi from here that will be our home.

Thankful for our country and the ability to pull out of crisis.

Thankful for dear friends.

So thankful for HOMESTEADING TODAY friends!

Patty

·
Also known as Jean
1,509 Posts
Still having a job, having less than 4 years left on the mortgage, and my family's relative good health.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
First of all, I'm thankful for everyone's posts--especially Oggie's :D

But seriously, I am thankful for...

--The love God has shown me.

--my wonderful husband and kids; oh, heck, my whole family! As dysfunctional some of them are, they are still my family and I wouldn't want to be without any of them!

--good friends, most importantly Rose2005 and Deaconjim :sing: For the year we got to spend in southwestern Virginia, if it weren't for their help, prayers and advice, we'd of been flappin' in the wind! Thank you!

--the fact that I get up every morning and I am fairly healthy.

--the roof over my head, food in our cabinets a warm place to lay my head.

Last, but not least, I am seriously thankful for 'Homesteading Today'. We prepped and read, and took our country lovin' selves out to the mountains of Virginia. Even though we only made it a year, the things we learned will be with us forever!

·
Premium Member
10,357 Posts
I'm thankful to be able to come here and read posts like Oggie's, that always put a smile on my face!

I'm thankful for my health, my home and family, a job I love, friends and time to enjoy them all. I'm thankful I won't need my 403b for many years, since after the market dive, I sure couldn't afford to retire now, lol. I'm thankful for a well stocked pantry and freezer, a horse to ride, goats to milk (well, come Jan, anyway), and for the eggs my lovely hens give me each day. I"m thankful the sun was out today and I found more mushrooms growing in my woods. I'm thankful that I saw a glorious pink and purple sunset tonight. I'm thankful for so much every day, and for each day to come.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts