Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Shasta,

Where abouts in NJ are you from? I lived in Toms River growing up, then in Laurence Harbor when I met my husband. We now live here in western PA.

My mother, no matter what I saw, will always hope that we move back to NJ. NEVER HAPPEN! My mother in law who lives in Laurence Harbor has I think a little under one acre, not sure. She has a total of 5 lots put together. Her property taxes alone are $5,000 a year. Food prices, even before now, were outrageous. When we started looking to move 5 years ago, no realtor would look at me because I was only making $8 an hour. I needed to make double that to even get them to talk to me.

I went out to visit my family back in March, and man, within the year an a half since I went out there, the population growth has gotten worse. Its like taking a private defensive driving course!

I wish you good luck on your move. We are looking to move also, not sure where though. We have also looked at Missouri since my husband has a cousin out there, but we are also looking at South Dakota, still need to look into that. But good luck in your move, trust me, you wont regret leaving NJ :)

JessicaCat

·
Registered
84 Posts
We are living here in western PA about a half hour from Punxsutawney. We are hoping to be able to move this year if we find a decent piece of property for a decent price.

I love being here in the mountains, especially since we both love the snow, but I think I've had enough snow and want somewhere where I can have a garden a little longer than 3-4 months out of the year. :) We got lucky this year and I was able to start my garden the beginning of May instead of the beginning of June.

I love it here, but Im ready for some acreage :)

JessicaCat

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.