Homesteading Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
But you are in favor of taking the abortion choice away.
No, I am not in favor of killing babies. Why not choose to not make a baby in the first place, don't women or men for that matter not have the ability to make that choice? I made that choice for years, even when my partner would have been willing to have a baby. Trying to correct a mistake after the fact, is choosing to cover up bad choices. And then calling it your choice.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
25,349 Posts
I did. If you think that those who are not vaccinated need to wait to see a doctor, so should those who have been vaccinated and made poor choices that caused them to become infected. Simple.
I never said anything about anyone waiting.

·
Premium Member
21,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
No, I am not in favor of killing babies. Why not choose to not make a baby in the first place, don't women or men for that matter not have the ability to make that choice? I made that choice for years, even when my partner would have been willing to have a baby. Trying to correct a mistake after the fact, is choosing to cover up bad choices. And then calling it your choice.
That’s what I would choose. For myself. Not others.
What if the woman didn’t choose? She was raped, or her birth control failed?

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
For self defense…yes.
None of us are obligated to sacrifice our body for another.
I never said anything about self defense, murder is not self defense. And none of us are entitled to sacrifice another for our convenience. If you don't want to harvest, then don't plant a garden.

·
Administrator
20,244 Posts
I’m calling them dumbasses because they seek medical care that they deliberately mocked and denigrated. If they don’t want to do what medical experts ask, stay home and deal with your illness with yourself and your ivermectin. Why should others suffer because of their choices?
I understand being upset but it isn't really an all or nothing thing. I was late vaccinating but it's certainly not because I relied on ivermectin or mocked our medical professionals. I wanted some information as to how the vaccine would react since I'd already had the virus and actually still recieve no answer so I'm guessing the answer to my question is, 'one may feel like crap off and on for a month or so and experience the occasional hot flash.'

I do share your concerns about surgeries being cancelled or delayed because we're seeing the same thing here but I've encountered very few hardcore anti vaxxers but what I have encountered is working poor who struggle to access vaccination centers hours of operation, some, like myself, looking for answers to specific questions, the odd person who felt they were remote enough that they wouldn't be affected and a few other real life scenarios.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
That’s what I would choose. For myself. Not others.
What if the woman didn’t choose? She was raped, or her birth control failed?
I have always believed that abortion should be allowed for rape, incest, or for the health of the mother. If the woman used birth control, and we all know that birth control sometime fails to preform as expected, she paid her dollar and she took her chances. That was her choice. I don't wanna, does not justify killing a baby for your convenience.

·
Premium Member
21,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
I understand being upset but it isn't really an all or nothing thing. I was late vaccinating but it's certainly not because I relied on ivermectin or mocked our medical professionals. I wanted some information as to how the vaccine would react since I'd already had the virus and actually still recieve no answer so I'm guessing the answer to my question is, 'one may feel like crap off and on for a month or so and experience the occasional hot flash.'

I do share your concerns about surgeries being cancelled or delayed because we're seeing the same thing here but I've encountered very few hardcore anti vaxxers but what I have encountered is working poor who struggle to access vaccination centers hours of operation, some, like myself, looking for answers to specific questions, the odd person who felt they were remote enough that they wouldn't be affected and a few other real life scenarios.
Idaho is a bit different. It’s the least vaccinated state in the country.
These are very hardcore people.
People are being harassed for wearing masks, and advocating vaccines.

·
Registered
5,547 Posts
infuriating.
Disgusting.
Why should we have cancer patients living with operable tumors endangering their lives with canceled surgeries when these people from another state could have been vaccinated, worn masks, etc.
Let them own their choices.
Doctors all over are making apointment months away. Had vain apt set up now moved to Feb. Dil has a bad rash from her second shot cant get in ill end Dec.
Her father had knee replacement that got canceled.

·
Administrator
20,244 Posts
Idaho is a bit different. It’s the least vaccinated state in the country.
These are very hardcore people.
People are being harassed for wearing masks, and advocating vaccines.
I'm still pretty firmly pro choice but I don't believe anyone should be bullied or harrassed in any way.

I feel that without being allowed to make a decision freely, we're going to cause the undecided to dig in and the anti vaxxers will become more militant and I don't feel we're through with this for a while yet.

I'm not overly confident in the fabric masks but I do feel they make people a bit more aware of the circumstances and people respect social distancing better and they seem to remember handwashing or sanitizing better, which helps.

I'm probably as grumpy as you are right now because I lost a good friend this weekend. Not because she wasn't vaccinated but because our local ER assumed that vaccinated meant she would only have a mild case and she was likely overstating her symptoms so she was sent home 3 times and by the time she was sent by ambulance to Calgary, it was far too late to do anything for her.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
I have always believed that abortion should be allowed for rape, incest, or for the health of the mother. If the woman used birth control, and we all know that birth control sometime fails to preform as expected, she paid her dollar and she took her chances. That was her choice. I don't wanna, does not justify killing a baby for your convenience.
So you are pro abortion?
Only if...
I don't understand that logic in the big picture.
Choice for some but not all women is what I think that sounds like.

·
Registered
35,433 Posts
If that’s what you got from what I said, then go with it.
You were pretty clear

People that think different than you are idiots and dumbasses

·
Registered
35,433 Posts
How about people just take responsibility for their choices? Get vaccinate. Don’t whine if you grow another head. Don’t get vaccinated, stay home when you get sick.

Are t many here saying that if a woman has sex and gets pregnant she needs to take responsibility for it?
You know as well as I that is apples and oranges

·
Registered
35,433 Posts
i wonder how many arguing here are vaccinated.
The argument is not whether I am or not. The argument is the freedom to choose to vaccinate. Too much muddy water has passed under the bridge for people to trust the government. Too many lies, too little trust.

Reactions: JeffreyD

·
Registered
21,707 Posts
Idaho only has about a 44% vaccination rate but I would like to see the percentage of their hospitalizations that are vaccinated. This chart from Scotland shows their COVID death percentage is very close to their vaccinated percentage. I've also seen reports that say those dying from COVID are crashing much faster than the unvaccinated but have seen no stats on that.

covid-vaccine-death-cahart.jpg (731×471) (citizenfreepress.com)

Reactions: JeffreyD

·
Marked safe from the TP famine of 2020.
20,243 Posts
Waiting for the morons here to start screeching that what you’re saying isn’t true.
Don't know if what he said is true or not, but, I fail to see why it would matter? I haven't worried if someone made fun of me since I got out of middle school.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
25,349 Posts
Idaho only has about a 44% vaccination rate but I would like to see the percentage of their hospitalizations that are vaccinated. This chart from Scotland shows their COVID death percentage is very close to their vaccinated percentage. I've also seen reports that say those dying from COVID are crashing much faster than the unvaccinated but have seen no stats on that.

covid-vaccine-death-cahart.jpg (731×471) (citizenfreepress.com)
I posted the chart earlier. Idaho has 37 breakthrough hospitalizations.

81 - 100 of 120 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.