3,358 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeesh! How disappointing.
infuriating.
Disgusting.
Why should we have cancer patients living with operable tumors endangering their lives with canceled surgeries when these people from another state could have been vaccinated, worn masks, etc.
Let them own their choices.

·
Registered
21,699 Posts
Inslee is always complaining about other people but he himself is worthless as governor. Maybe he should screen those cancer patients to see if they ever smoked, ate garbage food, were fat, or did other things to endanger their health before deciding if they deserved treatment. But he represents the kind of government some people want until it affects them personally. He is lying. There are not enough CIVID patients in their hospitals to prevent other surgeries. We see this all over the country where the COVID wing gets about full but the the rest of the hospital is nearly deserted. BTW, COVID cases in Idaho are dropping so he won't have to put up with it in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
35,432 Posts
The Washington Department of Health says health care workers are trying their best to face the challenges of the pandemic but it is hard with the lack of staff and resources.

Right now, the Kittitas Valley Healthcare Hospital in Ellensburg says the hospital is full, not because of lack of beds but because of shortage in staff

"Our hospital is full and full is defined by staffing and I think that's true with our list of pain point and I think that's true of whether you are a critical access hospital or a major system. This is not a crisis of stuff or beds, its a crisis of staffing." Julie Petersen, Chief Executive Officer at Kittitas Valley Healthcare.

·
Registered
35,432 Posts
According to the event description on the group's website, workers came to Olympia to say they would not be complying with the mandate.

"If the Governor refuses to rescind his mandate, it will mean that multiple areas of the state will be severely reduced or shut down completely," the event description read. "From prisons, to hospitals, to First Responders of all types, from firefighters, to police, to EMS personnel, to ferry workers, to teachers, coaches, and school volunteers, bus drivers, sanitation workers, and so on — the Governor is unnecessarily threatening the genuine safety and well-being of the citizens of Washington if he forces his mandate to stand."

·
Registered
21,699 Posts
First of all, this is propaganda horsecrap straight from the seattletimes rag, Sacred Heart is nowhere near capacity.
And the real reason Idaho patients come to Spokane is because there is no major hospital in northern Idaho, once again, the propaganda machine in full swing.
The scary numbers are whatever they decide to make them so that they can further their draconian mandates.
king inslee and his sycophants can just stay the hell over on that side of the Cascades and leave us alone.
Same here in this part of Illinois. No large hospitals nearby but most people go 10 miles to Indiana where there is one. They took what few COVID patients we had and never complained a bit but Indiana has a sensible governor and rational people.

Reactions: Fieldsendart

·
Premium Member
21,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First of all, this is propaganda horsecrap straight from the seattletimes rag, Sacred Heart is nowhere near capacity.
And the real reason Idaho patients come to Spokane is because there is no major hospital in northern Idaho, once again, the propaganda machine in full swing.
The scary numbers are whatever they decide to make them so that they can further their draconian mandates.
king inslee and his sycophants can just stay the hell over on that side of the Cascades and leave us alone.
yeah, it is.
I know ER doctors and nurses, pulmonologist, plastic surgeons, internists, pediatricians etc. they allsay the same thing. And are working like dogs.
Its in the local papers and stations as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Washington Department of Health says health care workers are trying their best to face the challenges of the pandemic but it is hard with the lack of staff and resources.

Right now, the Kittitas Valley Healthcare Hospital in Ellensburg says the hospital is full, not because of lack of beds but because of shortage in staff

"Our hospital is full and full is defined by staffing and I think that's true with our list of pain point and I think that's true of whether you are a critical access hospital or a major system. This is not a crisis of stuff or beds, its a crisis of staffing." Julie Petersen, Chief Executive Officer at Kittitas Valley Healthcare.

Some perspective on this:
The ENTIRE county of Kittitas (which includes the town of Ellensburg) only has a population of 47,935 people. There are more cows in Kittitas county than people.
Yet the six of the eight largest hospitals in WA state are on the I-5 corridor (everett/seattle/tacoma/olympia and nearly 4 million people) so why didn't the news people select one of those as a reference... probably because its not a sensationalist.

·
Premium Member
21,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Some perspective on this:
The ENTIRE county of Kittitas (which includes the town of Ellensburg) only has a population of 47,935 people. There are more cows in Kittitas county than people.
Yet the six of the eight largest hospitals in WA state are on the I-5 corridor (everett/seattle/tacoma/olympia and nearly 4 million people) so why didn't the news people select one of those as a reference... probably because its not a sensationalist.
Because they don’t have Idahoans comimg into their hospital?
Where do you live?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
infuriating.
Disgusting.
Why should we have cancer patients living with operable tumors endangering their lives with canceled surgeries when these people from another state could have been vaccinated, worn masks, etc.
Let them own their choices.
problem here if someone knows you are going to get the shot they make fun of you . people that do get the shot go in the health department when no one is looking. It is 80% Republican here. 29% of the people have had the shots in this county. Big outbreak here now. With the big outbreak here now a few more people are going to get the shot.

·
Premium Member
21,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
problem here if someone knows you are going to get the shot they make fun of you . people that do get the shot go in the health department when no one is looking. It is 80% Republican here. 29% of the people have had the shots in this county. Big outbreak here now. With the big outbreak here now a few more people are going to get the shot.
Waiting for the morons here to start screeching that what you’re saying isn’t true.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Waiting for the morons here to start screeching that what you’re saying isn’t true.
You accuse members of being morons for not taking the word of a random internet stranger with an alleged boots on the ground report but yet you challenged my report from Spokane... That is the definition of hypocrisy. Just because it does not fit the approved narrative does not make it any less accurate.

·
Premium Member
21,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You accuse members of being morons for not taking the word of a random internet stranger with an alleged boots on the ground report but yet you challenged my report from Spokane... That is the definition of hypocrisy. Just because it does not fit the approved narrative does not make it any less accurate.
I live in Spokane, right on the South Hill which is how I know so many doctors and nurses Here. 5 minutes from Sacred Heart. 6 from Deaconess. Boots on the ground if you will.
live also been on the forum for 17 tears and I think most here (while they might not agree with me on mnay things) know that I am honest and consistent.
I also have a home on Lake Coeur D’Alene so have a unique perspective to see whats happening in both places.
where is it that you live?

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
This OP made me think of what my Mother told me a couple of weeks ago. Had a bit of an outbreak of covid there. A family here had their Father come to visit from Washington state, they all went to church that Sunday. Father fully vaccinated got very sick that night, at the hospital he popped positive for covid. Within a few days the whole fully vaccinated family was sick, plus the preacher, his wife and several of the congregation, all fully vaccinated. Preacher's wife is still in the hospital and yeah she was fully vaccinated. Since this is a church with lots of older people masks and social distancing is done.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I live in Spokane, which is how I know so many doctors and nurses Here. Boots on the ground if you will.
live also been on the forum for 17 tears and I think most here (while they might not agree with me on mnay things) know that I am honest and consistent.
I have read your posts for about a year now, I would agree that you speak what you believe to be true and usually I see a middle ground. Unfortunately this is not one of those times, I suppose agreeing to disagree is out of the question at this point?

Reactions: Fieldsendart

·
Premium Member
21,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have read your posts for years, I would agree that you speak what you believe to be true and usually I see a middle ground. Unfortunately this is not one of those times, I suppose agreeing to disagree is out of the question at this point?
Where is it that you live?

·
Premium Member
21,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This OP made me think of what my Mother told me a couple of weeks ago. Had a bit of an outbreak of covid there. A family here had their Father come to visit from Washington state, they all went to church that Sunday. Father fully vaccinated got very sick that night, at the hospital he popped positive for covid. Within a few days the whole fully vaccinated family was sick, plus the preacher, his wife and several of the congregation, all fully vaccinated. Preacher's wife is still in the hospital and yeah she was fully vaccinated. Since this is a church with lots of older people masks and social distancing is done.
I don’t believe I ever said that no one in WA is sick. We have dumbasses here too. Just not as many as Idaho does.

·
Registered
11,345 Posts
I don’t believe I ever said that no one in WA is sick. We have dumbasses here too. Just not as many as Idaho does.
Not gonna call anybody a dumbass for not getting vaxxed or getting vaxxed. Everybody is going to get covid unless you live on a desert island alone. And some vaxxed are going to end up in the hospital, some not vaxxed will sail through the infection with no problems. At this point it's a total crap shoot.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.