thank you

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by lovewriter, Aug 26, 2004.

1. lovewriter

lovewriter Member

Thank you all for the incourageing words. My husband and I live in Ohio. we pay around $660 a month mortgage payments and we have used all the equity in the house to trun around and fix up the house. So now when we sell it we won't make anything on it. We can never seem to get any money saved up. I had around $1300 saved and then the bottom fell out on us and now we only have around 200.

I have written a book, and have someone editting it for me, but I am not published yet. I have painted some orginal oil paintings but I have never sold any. I want to learn how to quilt, my mother has designed some beautifull one of a kind patterns but is no longer able to teach me how to quilt.

I wanted to learn how so I could quilt them for the bed and breakfast I have dreamed of opening. I want it to have that country feel and even sell the patterns for her in a shop in the bed & breakfast along with home made soaps and candles. when we have built up some money from that add a few hunting cabins to rent out.

I am looking for the magazines you all talk about, but I have not found them yet. I welcome all the advice you have to give for buying property in a diffrent state. Thank you again. Lovewriter

2. My mother is in the local quilt guild and i would not be suprised if they have more members than any other club. also several books and magazines are around about quilting. It is probably one of the biggest needlepoint hobbies there is today. It is really about the only sewing most modern women consider. should be a club near you sewing centers and fabric shops probably know about them.

3. margo

margo Well-Known Member

Where in Ohio are you? there are a number of fellow Buckeyes here. And there are folks in the Cooking and Crafts part who are quilters. Hop on over......margo

4. lovewriter

lovewriter Member

I live in Middletown, which is half way between cinci, and Dayton