Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the Rag Quilt. I finished ,but it is not washed yet. I also made due with what I had for the front,and bought for the lineing and some for the back. It's for a queen size bed and hangs over 2 rows on each side. I'm already makeing another one from green and blues from my stash. Thanks Again for all the hints.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank You everyone!I used all Flannel. It was very hard to find flannel with roses on it. I had bought some years ago,just because I liked it, I was buying because I make nightgowns for my dh's grandaughter. I also make myself bloomers out of flannel for under my skirts in the winter.
The blue and green is not going to be anything fancy, very plain,blue on one side and green on the other. I do want to make another one of whites,maybe with chenele and what they call "minky". I bet the blanket will really fluff out when washing, I'll be takeing it to the laundry mat.

·
Registered
263 Posts
So Pretty. Someone is going to love this one.

On Minky. I've sold the stuff. It doesn't ravel. So, it will need to be the back of the quilt. Minky is a poly product. We have had a huge upserge of people backing their quilts with a minky type blanket brought at Fred Meyers, Wallmart or Target. Probably other too. It doesn't stretch like Minkey but gives the same weight and feel. The long arem machine quilters love it in place of Minkey around here.

·
Premium Member
15,981 Posts
If you haven’t sewn mink before, practice a swatch.

The pink quilt turned out beautiful.

·
Indomitable
4,798 Posts
7th that is one beautiful looking quilt.

Any chance we can get a closeup?

Reactions: 7thswan

·
Premium Member
23,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh , I will try. I am almost finished with my newest one. The clipping is getting me a blister!

·
Indomitable
4,798 Posts
Are you making a slash-n-cut chenille" channel? A few years ago (or maybe like 10ish) the magazine Threads did an article on making chenille and highlighted a razor like tool to make the channels easier to cut.

I couldn't find the article online but it kinda looked like one of those coupon clipper or wrapping paper cutters you can get in the stationery store only "beefier".

·
Premium Member
23,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have not heard of this type of quilt you suggest. I kinda think I know what you meen tho. This one is just the seams on the front side and then you clip them. In the wash and dryer,they get fuzzy,like chenille.

·
Indomitable
4,798 Posts
That's exactly what it is 7th. Threads was showing it as making fabric pieces then constructing a garment--a coat. It was cool and I would never have thought to make a quilt that way.

Way cool girl!

Reactions: 7thswan

·
Premium Member
23,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's exactly what it is 7th. Threads was showing it as making fabric pieces then constructing a garment--a coat. It was cool and I would never have thought to make a quilt that way.

Way cool girl!
I did see one where they cut shapes thru layers,like a heart sewn and it is fuzzy on the inside of the shape. It looks like a great idea!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts