Tetnus Vac?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by cricket, May 12, 2005.

1. cricket

cricket Well-Known Member

What kind of tetnus vaccine should I use? Is it the one for cows? The feed store only had equine and bovine and I want to make sure to get the correct one.

Also, can I feed AllStock pellets? Feed, like everything else, has gone through the roof and I have found myself with about 6 extra goats I wasn't prepared for and wasn't planning on EVER having.

Thanks

2. SherrieC

SherrieC Well-Known Member

I order the vaccine from Jeffers its the cheapest place to get it, and order Bar Vac, because its CD&T not just T, but you can get the bovine kind at the feed store, 2cc's per goat.
    If you have a feed store why not mix your own feed something simple like 100 lbs oats, 50 lbs corn, 25 lbs black oil sunflower seeds. And all stock is What percentage of protien to feed what kind of goat? Growing, preg, milking, or pet whethers, who don't even need grain.

3. cricket

cricket Well-Known Member

I have a mix. None preggers or milking. Basically, they are all pasture magots. Unfortunately I spoiled them horribly when I first started with my boer does and fed 2x a day. Now, they stand there and holler...LOUD and I have a couple of neighbors that I would like to keep in good standing with. Also, the field that they are in was meant for about 4 to 6 goats...and I have 11. I never really wanted a large herd but people wanted to get rid of some and they ended up at my place for a variety of reasons. As for mixing my own, it really wouldn't be all that economical. A real good friend of mine mixes her own and we have compared the costs and she spends about half again what I do for about 3/4 of goats. I guess grain is just really high here.