Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Family that I know and some even attend my church.
The ones that attend my church was not in this tragedy.

What happened was a young man age 18 was living with his grandparents for about a year as his mother could not handle him. (dont know what happened to the father)
any way the boy was hearing voices lately and the grandparents had sent him to a counslor (sp?) and he had another appointment on the 25th.
At 6 am this morning Wed 24th he walked into his grandparents bed room and said he couldnt take it any more.
The Grandfather said he thought the boy was hitting him on his head, shoulders, and back but realized the boy was stabbing him with a kitchen knife. The grandfather got loosed of him and got his gun while the boy was stabbing the grandmother in the face.
The Grandfather had to kill his grandson inorder to prevent him from killing the others in the house.
There were 9 people in the house that morning.

The grandfather was treated and released from the hospital later this day.
Grandmother is in fair condition, It happens that the grandfather while shooting at grandson shot grandmom in the arm while she was trying to fight off grandson.

I know these people pretty well. (not grandson) and I know it is killing the grandfather for having to take this action.

So if you are a prayer believing person It wouldnt hurt to pray for that family.

The thought came to me tonight was what this might do to the relationship with the grandparents and the boys parents.

dale

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
This is a terrible thing to hear, I have prayed for the family and the boy. God bless them all, I cannot even imagine what they must be going through.

·
wife,mom,taxi driver,cook
6,674 Posts
you know just when you think your world is about as bad as it gets you find out its always worse for others. I'll be praying for this family.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
This is just an awful story...I was just listening to them speak about it on the radio. As little comfort as it seems at least the authorities say the mans shooting of the boy was justified, to imagine the guilt he is carrying and to have been prosecuted as well.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
I realize the grandfather is likely to feel terrible about taking the life of his grandson, I hope that there will soon come a day when he realizes that he is not evil but a hero who very likely saved the lives of 9 people.

Marlene

·
Registered
265 Posts
That is so very sad. I will be praying for all involved :(

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
It sounds like the boy was schizophrenic. That is so sad. I'm praying that everyone, incliding the young man, finds peace.

·
Homestead Dreamer
878 Posts
Oh dear Lord, bring peace and comfort to this family. May your love sustain them and your grace and mercy surround them. Amen.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I heard this on the news last night. I prayed for them last night and will continue the prayers. I pray that the grandfather can find some peace. I know that had to be hard to do but he is a true hero. He saved all those other lives.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I heard that on the news! such a terrible thing! i sure feel for the grandparents! prayers being sent....

T

·
0 Posts
I had a foster son who has a mom who has schizophrenia. I would not wish it on my worst enemy.

I hate to sound crass, but if the boy was 18 and already hurting others then maybe Grandpa did the boy a favor by shooting him. This boys life would never be "normal" or productive. The pain that child would be in once he had a moment of lucidity and realized what he did to his grandparents would probably forever send the boy into a schizophrenic state.

Grandpa did what he had to so. God bless him.

·
proud to be pro-choice
2,691 Posts
How many more of these tragedies does this country have to endure before mental health treatments are properly funded AND treated as any organic health issue? The grandfather should not have had to deal with a mentally ill grandson, much less do the right thing, not that this make the grandfather feel any better. Mentally ill people need drugs, hospitalization, and/or institutionalization. Sadly some may never be better much less recover. My condolences to the family and may I suggest they get counseling to help ease them through this horrid event.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts