Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WAY back in November, I applied for unemployment here in NJ. I had to file an interstate claim in Virginia, let that get denied, file here, etc. I had the phone interview a few weeks ago and happened to be in the UI office two days ago for some classes.

I asked a caseworker what was holding up the unemployment and she said they were waiting for out of state income. When I spoke to someone else, she gave me in writing the reason for my denial...it isn't the out of state issue, the temp agency I worked for denied my UI! Turns out that the temp agency auto denies UI when you don't call in every day for assignments. I am appealing it as the UI office is concerned that this temp agency is denying anyone who worked at this particular assignment (we were "temped out" to the racetrack here in Millville) and it has closed for the season. There are no other assignments that, according to the temp agency, I meet the qualification for (valid NJ driver's license, certifications, experience, etc.).

Ugh, what gives? What do I do? The hubby last worked for the same temp agency and his claim was approved and started over a month ago...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts