Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
I am a Christian American
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad is the hardest person to think of gifts for. He is always pleased with whatever he receives but he never gives any ideas of what to get for him. Every year I rack my brains and end up getting something I am never quite sure of. I hate gift cards for people I am close to. This year I thought of giving him a nice but inexpensive cookie plate and twelve gift bags marked cookie of the month. I was going to decorate each gift bag with a month of the year and take them back from him after presents so i can fill each one every month with a favorite cookie. He LOVES cookies! My Mom hardly ever bakes for him, so this might work. What do you think, cheesy or ok idea?

·
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No health problems there. My Mom just does not go to the trouble of home baking "just for the two of them." My Dh loves home baked goods. Anything and everything.

·
Registered
11,076 Posts
As a father myself I would love that idea. As we age we buy the things we want but love from the heart via cookies would be great.

·
Bunny Poo Monger
3,067 Posts
What a great idea!

The only other thing I can think of is fill the cookie plate with cookies, wrap and put the bags on top of the cookies. Instant gratification, no waiting for a while for homemade cookies.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
I think the idea is a GREAT one!!!!!!!!!!!!! But definitely fill the plate up with cookies for him to have as an instant gift too. Maybe even some sweet rolls.

Good job!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I think it's a wonderful idea too! I'm sure he would love them. :)

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Boys just love cookies! What a great idea.

I think a lot of people would also love a gift like this if you put a couple extra cookies on the plate and then when you delivered them, sat down with a cup of coffee and had a good visit too.

·
Premium Member
2,835 Posts
What a sweet idea...no pun intended!

(well, maybe there was :D)

You're a good daughter. Go for it!

Stef

·
Very Dairy
14,609 Posts
Here's a thought. Buy 12 postcards, put stamps on them. Write the name of a different kind of cookie on each one. Tell him he can place his order for the cookie of his choice by dropping them in the mail to you. Include samples of all the cookies in the package so he'll know what he's ordering. :)

·
plains of Colorado
4,176 Posts
When my mother got so she could not bake, I would make cinnamon rolls and mail them to my Dad...Colorado to IA and he loved them. I would only do it when cool so they wouldn't get bad before he got them. My greatest compliment ever was when he said they were better than Mom's! She used to make hundreds for church bake sales.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Fabulous idea! Especially since he loves cookies! You know your giving him something he likes and will enjoy all year!

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I think it is a wonderful idea. We always give food type items. Our parents don't need anything and don't have room for more stuff. We give them steaks and chickens and eggs and home baked bread. They love it and it is used and appreciated.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
I think it's a great idea too. When dad was alive, mom had stopped making sweets to slim her waistline and poor daddy had such a sweet tooth. LOL. I think you're dad will love it. Plus it's a way to show him continually how much he means to you and how often you think of him.

·
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks everybody, the plan is definately toi have cookies on the plate when he opens it. I know Dad! He would want me to get started right away. Off hand, I cannot think of any type of cookie Dad does not like so I think I am pretty safe as far as baking goes. I was going to take the bags back right away so I could hang them near my calendar and not forget to fill his order. I will make sure to have him let me know if he has any favs that he would like to have. I feel better about this idea now and I think he will really like it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts