Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tehachapi Wind Farm

I recently had the privledge of driving past theTehachapi Wind Farm last week while driving from Sequoia National Park to Mojave, CA. I had no idea it was there, and it was amazing! There were so many wind turbines, of every shape and kind. I wish more landscape could look like this. The wind is too valuable to waste.

Also, has anyone elected to receive Wind Generated Energy from the electric company for additional cost?

·
Just howling at the moon
6,586 Posts
Impressive yes. to bad it's so little impact

....With over 15,000 turbines in the state (7,000 at Altamont and 3,000 at San Gorgonio Pass, near Palm Springs), wind power in California makes up about 1% of California's electricity.

http://ludb.clui.org/ex/i/CA4977/

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Very impressive yes.

If the local utility would talk nice to me ( question of $$) I would sell wind generated energy to them, to sell to you.

Unfortunately my local utility is still in the dark ages.

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Check out Weatherford, OK. They have large sets of wind turbines and generating. Quite impressive to drive thru. I-40 has them on both sides of it.

Angie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.