Homesteading Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
So. On Wednesday, my friend and angus breeder, kathy, came by. I had her take a look at teen mom and we both agreed that she looked "close". Wednesday evening we kicked the goats out of the box stall and brought her in so we'd have lights ( and easy access if vet help was needed). Agreed with daughter on a schedule and I went to bed. Daughter went out at 11 and 1. At 1, she called me out because there was " a bubble". Mom up n down with a couple good hard pushes. At 2:00, we saw what we thought was a hoof and mama let me do a check. Two hooves and a nose, all right at the "exit". We gave her til 2:30, then we put on the chains and pulled. Took both my daughter and I to get him pulled, a hard pull from snooter to tooter, but we did! He's 70-80 lbs according to my rancher friend but we will try to get a weight on him tonight. He's a sass and ALWAYS nursing. Hoping her milk comes in a little stronger today. Giving her a little alfalfa with her hay, and some 14% stock pellets and loose minerals. Calf got 1.5 bo-se. Glad she went right on her due date!

Well done. Glad you had such a good outcome.

Reactions: aoconnor1
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.