Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pics from this evening of team weed control....:grin: I started out with 4 a couple years ago...2 bottle babies and 2 just weaned....growing slowly. These are all females, so I have 8 females and 2 bucks. My young buck is not related to anything so I'm excited to get the breeding groups going....should be able to grow a little faster now.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Wow, what great pictures! You're so lucky to have such adorable models. :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone! I appreciate it! I really enjoy them! Maybe not every kind of animal is for everyone, but seems like quite a few people don't like goats in the world. I wouldn't want to be without them. IMO, having the babies around alone is worth thousands in therapy...lol.

Here's my bucks....pics from a while back.

My new buck....Bucky. My first blue eyed goat. I picked him out as a little baby and saved him....thought he'd make a good buck, but he may of turned too feminine looking by the time he was ready for me to get him. I'm still learning on things like that. He was a little wild when I got him...in training here in this pic...super tame now.

Jax. I got him just weaned a couple years ago. He was wild. Super tame now and super easy to handle and great to be around. No strangers can do a thing with him though or be around him....lol.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I wouldn't want to be without them. IMO, having the babies around alone is worth thousands in therapy...lol.
It goes way beyond just the babies! I love watching them race/jump/and just be carefree babies without a care in the world! When I have had the day from hell, come time to feed, I can literally feel the stress slip away with every stroke/scratch between the horns/pet/kiss/tug on my shirt tail or leg of my shorts from my adult girls, too. Goats are truly amazing animals who have so much to offer in so many ways.

·
Registered
585 Posts
It goes way beyond just the babies! I love watching them race/jump/and just be carefree babies without a care in the world! When I have had the day from hell, come time to feed, I can literally feel the stress slip away with every stroke/scratch between the horns/pet/kiss/tug on my shirt tail or leg of my shorts from my adult girls, too. Goats are truly amazing animals who have so much to offer in so many ways.
So true! It is the same with my dogs. Animals are so amazing and non-judgemental.
By the way -- amazing pics. I just LOVE that red goat with the blue eyes -- she is striking! :)

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
I never really understood the happiness other people got from animals, until we got the goats :) We milk twice a day and, although occasionally it's a scramble to get the milking done in the morning and get where we're supposed to be going, our time in the milk room is our favorite time of day. DH and I usually both go out even though it's a one-person job, just to be with the goats. They're so darn sweet.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I definitely agree everyone! It is something special! I love just hanging out there with them!

I'm excited! ...I have been working on a new goat area. Lots of grass and weeds, shade, a shut up at night area with a small playground in it. I'm about to haul in some big rocks, stumps and big logs to make a big playground outside of their night pen. Should be fun watching them play.

Older pics of 2 of my adult does as babies....Tinker the gray and Sage the brown one. They are good small square baler help!...lol.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:grin:

I messed up the pics of there being 6 in there right before that...blurry...:Bawling:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:happy2:

3acres's Traveling Photography, LLC....lol. You bet, Backfourty,MI. and Alice In TX/MO!...:happy2: I'd love to get paid by the camera click though!...:happy2: ...because I take hundreds of photos for every one that you can actually tell what is in it....lol. I just run around pointing and clicking!

Thanks for looking at my goats everybody!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts