Teaching the 10 Cammandments and the Lord's Prayer to Children

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by sancraft, Dec 20, 2006.

1. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

I know this will work for girls. My mom did it for me and I did it for my girls. I got a gold charm bracelet for my birthday. There were eleven charms that I was shown, but I had to earn. THe charms each had a commandment (they were numbered) and one was heart shaped and had the Lord's Prayer. I learned each commandment. My mom would read it to me from the Bible and we would discuss it. I recited it every day for a week at breakfast. Then that Sunday, I'd get the charm to add to ma bracelet. She later gave me other charms, a mustard seed inside a little glass charm, a few scripture charms, etc. I was in college and took it off to take a shower in gym and someone stole it. I hope they really needed those words. They obvioulsy hadn't learned the "Thou shalt not steal". I did the sam thing for my girls and plan on doing it for my great neice. I've got to find another reward for my great nephew. I don't think he'll want a charm bracelet. LOL

2. okgoatgal2

okgoatgal2 Well-Known Member

maybe you could do something along the keychain line for him-not sure how, but boys like cars.....maybe you could put the lines on something he'll want to keep and let him earn the parts for it....hmmmmm

3. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

Or give him a gold star for every one that he learns. At the end you can give him a really cool toy?

Kat