Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
33,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Virginia judge ordered a Loudoun County school to reinstate a teacher who was suspended after he spoke out against a proposed policy requiring educators to address students by their preferred pronouns.

In a ruling Tuesday, Loudoun County Circuit Court Judge James Plowman said that the teacher, Byron "Tanner" Cross, was exercising his free speech and ordered the school to "immediately reinstate the plaintiff to his position as it was prior to the issuance of his suspension."

·
Registered
33,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In a related note - The LGB has dropped the T. They do not like being associated with the absurd nature of the Ts

·
Registered
21,454 Posts
In a related note - The LGB has dropped the T. They do not like being associated with the absurd nature of the Ts
Now if the LG would drop the B due to their oddities and then the L would drop the G due to their weirdness, maybe the L would just shut up and realize no one cares about what they do nor do they deserve any special attention.

·
Registered
558 Posts
It's all so confusing to me. At my work place, the letters are LGBTQ. I don't understand. Aren't lesbians queer and gay? Why do they get three letters? Trangenders can be straight or gay I believe, so you could have a trans person that is TGLQ. Four letters? When will it end? If I were king, everyone would only get one letter. Anything else is unequal, and therefore, the work of the devil or klingons or conservatives or some other unsavory group.

I also just saw a story about some (famous?) lady that has a 10 year old that now identifies as non-binary and gay. But I thought non-binary meant you don't identify as either sex, so how can you be attracted to the same sex if you aren't either one of them? I need a college class...

·
Saltine American
6,790 Posts
It's all so confusing to me. At my work place, the letters are LGBTQ. I don't understand. Aren't lesbians queer and gay? Why do they get three letters? Trangenders can be straight or gay I believe, so you could have a trans person that is TGLQ. Four letters? When will it end? If I were king, everyone would only get one letter. Anything else is unequal, and therefore, the work of the devil or klingons or conservatives or some other unsavory group.

I also just saw a story about some (famous?) lady that has a 10 year old that now identifies as non-binary and gay. But I thought non-binary meant you don't identify as either sex, so how can you be attracted to the same sex if you aren't either one of them? I need a college class...
Would that be gender studies or am I confused? A course in basket weaving would be more useful.

·
Registered
388 Posts
A Virginia judge ordered a Loudoun County school to reinstate a teacher who was suspended after he spoke out against a proposed policy requiring educators to address students by their preferred pronouns.

In a ruling Tuesday, Loudoun County Circuit Court Judge James Plowman said that the teacher, Byron "Tanner" Cross, was exercising his free speech and ordered the school to "immediately reinstate the plaintiff to his position as it was prior to the issuance of his suspension."

Virginia has gone soft on us??? Wow. That was such a tight assed state when I lived there. I lived in a private community that had first right of refusal...couldn't cut a tree down on your lot where you lived without permission...couldn't change the stain color of your deck without permission...need i go on? I actually lived there 12 years with ex because it was approved by the agency as it was a gated community. They still sat outside the house ( grey sedan, grey suits and they sat perfectly still all day) one day a week for all those years. All these years later they still show up at my apt right in front of the living room windows, not as often but at least once a month. My ex had a genius IQ and was in the Army - Gov't program that worked on Quasar in the 80's. I came by any and all info on him and what he may or may not have been involved in bit by bit. I still discover new info on him to this day. He never once alluded to his work. He would travel every moth for 2 weeks and I did not know where he was but he would call me every night at 6pm. On the upside of all this, I got a new house every 2 yrs, season tickets to the Washington Bullets basketball team ( third row back, asile seats and center court) as I love pro ball, big ticket items like cars were paid for by someone other than me so I had my 86 BRONCO 11 for 12 wonderful years.
Emotionally he was cold and mentally cruel. And that is that.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
"The Cultural Revolution began when she was 6 years old, she said, and immediately pitted students and teachers and against one another by hanging "Big Posters" and hallways and the cafeteria where students could write criticisms against anyone deemed ideological impure."

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
What about us traditionalists? Don't we get to advertise with initials our sexual preferences for all to see what we do behind closed doors too? Like OS or DS or MP? I feel left out.
No silly! Your traditional views are discriminatory and you don't get to speak up for them because you might offend someone. The alphabet soup rainbow snowflakes get the first and last say.

I had problems in another forum because I tried this.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
They "woke" up.
Not according to one Chinese immigrant. More like they are regressing.

Why didn't I learn about how bad it was in China during that decade? It wasn't on the news much either. If what she says happened is true, then pretty much the same thing is happening here now.

·
Registered
33,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not according to one Chinese immigrant. More like they are regressing.

Why didn't I learn about how bad it was in China during that decade? It wasn't on the news much either. If what she says happened is true, then pretty much the same thing is happening here now.
I have to think you do not know the true meaning of "woke"

Woke is knowing the new world order lingo and following the script. It ain't just a white/black thing.

From their latest meeting minutes
Valmarie Turner informed the MAC that she has been appointed to the 2020-2021 Board of Directors of the Visit Loudoun as the Ex-Officio member. Ms. Turner provided an update on recruiting a Chief Equity Officer in the Office of the County Administrator.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I have to think you do not know the true meaning of "woke"

Woke is knowing the new world order lingo and following the script. It ain't just a white/black thing.

From their latest meeting minutes
Valmarie Turner informed the MAC that she has been appointed to the 2020-2021 Board of Directors of the Visit Loudoun as the Ex-Officio member. Ms. Turner provided an update on recruiting a Chief Equity Officer in the Office of the County Administrator.
I do know what woke means. I take it you didn't read the link.

In her story she was talking about something similar to cancel culture in China. If you didn't think someone was "good enough" you just reported them. Kids had their parents put in jail.

·
Registered
33,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I do know what woke means. I take it you didn't read the link.

In her story she was talking about something similar to cancel culture in China. If you didn't think someone was "good enough" you just reported them. Kids had their parents put in jail.
Dude. The woke are the cancelers

1 - 20 of 35 Posts