Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
9,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live out here (quite contently) in a woods with very little interaction other than with family and a couple of friends.

Today one of those friends had a Tea Party.

Now she is the kind of person who has lots of connections and besides me she invited maybe 30 or more ladies to "drop in" between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.

Her house and gardens are like something out of "Better Homes and Gardens".

And, there she had an assortment of cute little sandwiches, assorted veggie salads, iced teas and coffees, muffins and biscuits.

All served on her garage sale collections of mixed fancy dishes and etched glassware and fancy cups and saucers.

She had tables set up around the yard with colorful tablecloths with a beautiful bouquet of garden flowers at each table.

And, the assortment of friends was remarkable. Everyone visited and interacted. Shared advice. Shed a few tears. Laughed together.
Told a few embarassing stories about their husbands. One gal (age 65) did an improptu demonstration of some of her yoga positions...........(I'd never be able to get up off the floor after trying some of those contortions!).

I thought I'd be there for an hour and ended up staying for 4 hours!

It was the perfect Tea Party/Garden Party/Hen Party.

Martha Stewart would have given her an A+.

·
Premium Member
5,256 Posts
Now that sounds like a wonderful tea party. Glad you had such a good time. Kudos to the 65-year-old woman doing her yoga moves. At 49 I couldn't do moves like that but then I guess if I'd been doing yoga for years I could.

·
Premium Member
7,230 Posts
Lovely! Tell me was she able to take full part in her party herself? I guess I need a lot more practice but anytime I entertain at home I am running around with food and tea kettles if it's more than one or two people. Short of servants (children or DH) how do social powerhouses do that?

·
Accidental Farmer
14,837 Posts
that sounds like fun! Did you take any pictures?

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
Oh, that sounds like soo much fun! I have always wanted to do that but just don't seem to come up with a good time. Most of my friends still work and it would be hard to get everyone together.. Maybe I could do it for just lunch one Sunday afternoon--when it cools off.. QB

·
newfieannie
9,195 Posts
I'd like to see some pictures too Tallpines if you have any. nothing quite like a Tea Party! I'm starting mine again on Sept 12th. It is a lot of work and you have to enjoy it to do it. I space it out over 2 or 3 days.(the work) I only have around 3 or4 different types of sandwiches which I make early morning and cover with wrap and a damp towel. also scones etc. most of the work is done beforehand so you can mostly relax at the party. ...Georgia.

·
Banned
9,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't think to take the camera with me :rolleyes:

Many of the ladies there work for one of several different schools so they are still on summer break. Others were retired and a few had to fanagle their schedules to get the afternoon off.

The hostess seemed to find time to visit with everyone, and still keep the serving platters full and the beverages plentiful without any added assistence.

She is a remarkable person and its not surprising that she has so many good friends.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts