Tattoo Numbering System

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by rzrubek, Dec 1, 2004.

1. rzrubek

rzrubek Flying Z

Hi, i wonder if anybody would like to share their system of numbering their rabbits? I thought of using two letters to identify my rabbitry and three number for the rabbit and keep the info in a database example FZ001 -- FZ023 each rabbit would have its own number. Any thoughts? Thanks, Randy

2. kell

kell Well-Known Member

Mine are one number, one letter, two numbers. Example: 4g14 :D
    KEL

3. kajailbird

kajailbird Member

Hi Randy
    Here at Jailbirds Rabbitry we use the letters Jb with another letter for each year the rabbit is born with a number
    example JBJ31
    this rabbit is a Jailbirds Rabbit wich was born In 2003 and the number 31 is the 31 first rabbit born that year. Pretty simple and you can tell in a glance what year it was born. I have been using this for about 5 years now and it works great. I also have to say sometimes I tatoo the rabbit with their name in it if I am going to show at nationals or convention.
    Feel free to check out my web page just time in Jailbirds Rabbitry and you should go right to it.
    take care,
    Kim
    Jailbirds Rabbitry
    Harlequins, Brits, and n. dwarf (orange and fawn) ;) ;)

4. Reauxman

Reauxman Well-Known Member

Your pourpose of breding also may help in determining your numbering or lettering system. I show, so I do breed a good few, but not all are tatted. I tat with names, as it makes it easier at a show to remember the mane rather than a bunch of random letter and numbers. For instance, I did tat about a dozen today, I use no more than 5 letters, so I may use only one name if there are multibles. Today they were:
    Andre
    Lady Luck(LLuck I used as I do have a luck and a lady in my software program)
    Carie
    Janey
    Foe
    Kerry
    Mick
    Sean
    Jeane
    Kickr(didn't have room for the e...lol)
    Lorry
    Syth
    Sim
    I have a few more to do, but I was getting tired. It isn't fun to do alone, definately not ND's(I only did two, I use only 3 letters, hence Sim and Foe)
    Roo

5. rzrubek

rzrubek Flying Z

Thanks for the Replys everybody, very helpful. We decided to go with FZ### for our herd. FZ for Flying Z Rabbitry and then sequential numbers with the info stored in "Breeders Assistant for Rabbits v. 4" which is free (with a few limitations) by the way. Anyway, thanks again, Randy