Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anybody else order one yesterday? Was your order cancelled?

The list price for a Britax Marathon child's carseat is $279. On Target.com yesterday one model was listed as 85% off at $42.99. I assumed it was a close-out and bought one for my granddaughter. I got my email order confirmation and assumed all was well. Thousands of orders were placed from all over the country and this afternoon Target decided it was a "pricing error" and cancelled all orders.

I've been on three mom and grandma forums and people are furious.

I've called and talked to three people in customer relations to no avail and have emailed the CEO. I don't want something for nothing, but I think they should honor the price. If I'm selling something and I agree to make a sale for the wrong price, that's my problem, not the customer's.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Be as furious as it gets you. I don't think you'd honor a mistake against you if it was to 1000's of people for 100's of dollars. Them honoring the sale or not is up to them. If I was the one on the hook I'd offer some discount, stores do that all the time. I'm not sure I'd be going all out on this one though.

·
Miniature Horse lover
25,219 Posts
For sure, my goodness one would have to Question, I would think, THAT MUCH of a price mark down.~! Wow. And being on the net where maybe like 100's may have been ordered No Way will that get honored at that low of a price. That would cost the store way to much and a store that is ALREADY in financial trouble, Retailers Like Target are In Trouble As Consumers Run Out Of Money~!

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, mistakes do happen, but to let a "mistake" go on for over 24 hours when many, many orders are being placed and then decide to cancel most, but not all of the orders is very poor customer service. I just found out (and saw screen shots of the order info) from several people on a mom forum that some orders were not cancelled and are marked as "shipped".

And as far as the price being too good to be true? Why would anybody think that? Buying things on close-out happens all the time. Models are discontinued, etc, and those are often great bargains.

And retailers are in trouble? Yes, they are, but this kind of badly handled situation could potentially alienate a lot of customers who can just as easily go somewhere else for future purchases.

·
Incubator Addict
3,111 Posts
I saw the deal, and was about to order one when they changed the pricing back. I too thought it was on close-out, because I couldn't imagine many people buying that cow-looking car seat.

It was a very good deal, but not a price that car seats don't regularly retail at. The difference is that these are nice car seats that will last through more than one child without getting destroyed, and they have excellent safety ratings. There was no reason to expect the pricing was a mistake, especially when all of the other items by the same manufacturer were also on sale.

Between this and the Motrin ad, most parenting groups have been on fire today and yesterday.

Kayleigh

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
Same thing happened here.
To those of you being snarky about how she should have known? These seats are super safe and usually out of most folks prioce range, so perhaps you could extend a smidgen of grace and just not post if you're only going to be unpleasant. A precious little one's safety tends to get most parents and grands up in arms. It isn't like this was some frivolous toy or fad clothing, this was a chance at a very safe seat for alot of low income mamas I know.

Considering how rude the customer service guy was to me, and this whole fiasco of how they handled it, I think I'll buy what kidlet needs elsewhere. Target is going to be in a world of hurt when all these annoyed parents take their holiday shopping elsewhere; probably would have been in better financial shape to honor the price.

I still will likely get my boy one next month, but not from Target.

And don't even get me started on the Motrin ad, please.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I saw the deal, and was about to order one when they changed the pricing back. I too thought it was on close-out, because I couldn't imagine many people buying that cow-looking car seat.

Kayleigh
I ordered the not cow-looking one, but I know a lot of people ordered that one too. I'm still hoping they do something - maybe limit the number one household can buy (I saw one mom that ordered three) or at least offer a substantial discount.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I missed the Motrin ad - what was that about?

·
Incubator Addict
3,111 Posts
I missed the Motrin ad - what was that about?
Motrin just released an ad that talked about how moms need motrin because they carry their babies in slings. They were kind of demeaning and said that moms did it because it makes them look like official moms. Basically their ad writers missed the mark and ----ed off a LOT of moms and took the ad down already because of the general outpouring of ferocity.

Kayleigh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts