Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Unreality star
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey :)

Was just wondering how your foot is, and the bite? Still having pain? I hope your second doctor was better than the first!

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Wow! I am so touched that anyone asked :) It just slipped by me and I didn't think anyone would care or remember when I remembered. I am much better and have been since Saturday. The antibiotics were effective and I started feeling the improvement on Friday morning so I didn't go to a second doctor. I now wear shoes everywhere :( it is a drag but I like my feet. Nothing like a scary episode to put life and limbs in perspective. On the question of what it was, I'll never know. I met up with someone who lives 35 miles away who told me he was bitten by a type of black widow spider; I think he called it a red widow. Said it was the most painful bite he's ever experienced and that it swelled up immediately also. I hope your kindness Shygal, Ravenlost Cathy, and Star, is repaid in multiples. It has really been nice to see someone was thinking of me, especially today as I run ragged in preparation for Hurricane Frances. Thank you.

·
In Remembrance
28,242 Posts
Glad to hear you are doing better. Hope you weather the storm with no problems. Praying for all you folks down there.
Kim

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Cyngbaeld said:
Glad to hear you are doing better. Hope you weather the storm with no problems. Praying for all you folks down there.
Kim
Thank you Cyngbaeld. We need prayers. We really, really do.

·
Banned
9,283 Posts
I think there were many that have been wondering.
I know I've been giving all spiders a second look.
Thanks for the update.

·
Unreality star
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad to hear its much better! :)

Now I hope this hurricane misses you all, actually misses everyone. It sounds like its going to be bad :(

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Oh I'm so happy you're doing better. I've been praying for you. I have severe allergies to certain insects and wasps, so I was very worried. I'm glad you're keeping those shoes on now. I hate shoes too, so I really sympathize with you.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well now I'm curious. Can you show us a picture of the bite?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Oh good! I'm glad to hear it's okay. :)

You've given me a new respect for spiders, however. Yesterday, while going to work on our curvy, hilly two-lane highway with no shoulder, I looked up and spotted a spider on the rearview mirror.

:eek:

Fortunately, I keep a bottle of Mean Green Super Strength Cleaner in the car. I grabbed it and shot it with the cleaner without hardly even taking my eyes off the road.

Nothing messes with Mean Green, dirt or not. :yeeha:

I also second (or is that third? or fourth??) the hope that the hurricane misses you all.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Thank you all. Between the two hurricanes in three weeks and classes starting, I haven't had the time to hang out on this forum the way I like (nice place to visit :) ) I sincerely appreciate your concern and well wishes. Snuffy, I took a couple of photos of the bite immediately after it happened. It still hurts directly at the site when I pss my finger over it but nothing else, and it still looks the same, except for the swelling and redness. The photos are not great but I can post a link once I get them on line. I don't have the time right now. After Frances I'll post them here. CG what is mean green? I also have a new respect for spiders and a new curiousity :) There's so much to learn. Like you, I entertain myself everyday watching the critters around here; it's my t.v. Amazing how diverse and numerous they are and how little I know.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Tango, Mean Green is a biodegradable cleaner that's not only great, but cheap! And it does everything. It cleans things nothing else will clean --- I've even used it to strip paint. :haha:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts