Tango, hows the spider bite doing?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Shygal, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Shygal

Shygal Unreality star Supporter

Hey :)

Was just wondering how your foot is, and the bite? Still having pain? I hope your second doctor was better than the first!

2. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

I was wondering about this myself.

3. cathyharrell

cathyharrell Well-Known Member

4. Star In N.C.

Star In N.C. Well-Known Member

5. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Wow! I am so touched that anyone asked :) It just slipped by me and I didn't think anyone would care or remember when I remembered. I am much better and have been since Saturday. The antibiotics were effective and I started feeling the improvement on Friday morning so I didn't go to a second doctor. I now wear shoes everywhere :( it is a drag but I like my feet. Nothing like a scary episode to put life and limbs in perspective. On the question of what it was, I'll never know. I met up with someone who lives 35 miles away who told me he was bitten by a type of black widow spider; I think he called it a red widow. Said it was the most painful bite he's ever experienced and that it swelled up immediately also. I hope your kindness Shygal, Ravenlost Cathy, and Star, is repaid in multiples. It has really been nice to see someone was thinking of me, especially today as I run ragged in preparation for Hurricane Frances. Thank you.

6. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

Glad to hear you are doing better. Hope you weather the storm with no problems. Praying for all you folks down there.
    Kim

7. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Thank you Cyngbaeld. We need prayers. We really, really do.

8. tallpines

tallpines Well-Known Member

I think there were many that have been wondering.
    I know I've been giving all spiders a second look.
    Thanks for the update.

9. Shygal

Shygal Unreality star Supporter

Glad to hear its much better! :)

Now I hope this hurricane misses you all, actually misses everyone. It sounds like its going to be bad :(

10. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

Oh I'm so happy you're doing better. I've been praying for you. I have severe allergies to certain insects and wasps, so I was very worried. I'm glad you're keeping those shoes on now. I hate shoes too, so I really sympathize with you.

11. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm so glad to hear you're recovering! Spider bites can be so nasty. And I hope you are not in the path of this new hurricane!

12. cathyharrell

cathyharrell Well-Known Member

I am so glad you are okay. Spider bites are scary. I pray the hurricane misses you. :) Cathy

13. Snuffy Smith

Snuffy Smith Well-Known Member

Well now I'm curious. Can you show us a picture of the bite?

14. countrygrrrl

countrygrrrl PITA

Oh good! I'm glad to hear it's okay. :)

You've given me a new respect for spiders, however. Yesterday, while going to work on our curvy, hilly two-lane highway with no shoulder, I looked up and spotted a spider on the rearview mirror.

:eek:

Fortunately, I keep a bottle of Mean Green Super Strength Cleaner in the car. I grabbed it and shot it with the cleaner without hardly even taking my eyes off the road.

Nothing messes with Mean Green, dirt or not. :yeeha:

I also second (or is that third? or fourth??) the hope that the hurricane misses you all.

15. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Thank you all. Between the two hurricanes in three weeks and classes starting, I haven't had the time to hang out on this forum the way I like (nice place to visit :) ) I sincerely appreciate your concern and well wishes. Snuffy, I took a couple of photos of the bite immediately after it happened. It still hurts directly at the site when I pss my finger over it but nothing else, and it still looks the same, except for the swelling and redness. The photos are not great but I can post a link once I get them on line. I don't have the time right now. After Frances I'll post them here. CG what is mean green? I also have a new respect for spiders and a new curiousity :) There's so much to learn. Like you, I entertain myself everyday watching the critters around here; it's my t.v. Amazing how diverse and numerous they are and how little I know.

16. countrygrrrl

countrygrrrl PITA

Tango, Mean Green is a biodegradable cleaner that's not only great, but cheap! And it does everything. It cleans things nothing else will clean --- I've even used it to strip paint. :haha: