Tango A!???'s

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by jackie c, Oct 10, 2004.

1. jackie c

jackie c Well-Known Member

Tango, in another post you suggest to breed with A1, where do I get info on this, like who to order from, what breed to choose,(I don't know what breed my sow is, she's pink,not too hairy, ears stand up)?
    Thanks, Jackie.

ps: How's the hurricane clean up going, been thinkin 'bout cha :)

2. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sorry Jackie, I was tied up with a pig roast yesterday :)
    To look at breed photos check out this link Studs
    You might have a Yorkshire there or a mix of a Yorkshire. If that is what she looks like then I'd go with a Yorkshire stud.
    The Pig Site has sources for semen and a lot of information links The Pig Site

Check around for pricing. Off season prices are lower than in season prices. If you ask for a specific stud by name you might pay as much as $150 just for the semen :eek: but if you ask for a breed specific stud you can pay around $35. If you ask for just semen, I have seen prices as low as $7 but then you have no idea what you will be getting and that may or may not matter - depends on what you are looking for.
    Hurricane clean up is slow going. Most companies are backed up and we are on waiting lists for everything. It is nice to have a weekend when we are not looking at the National Hurricane center for hourly updates or stressed about the livestock though :)

3. jackie c

jackie c Well-Known Member

Great links Marcia, thanks alot. I'll be buried in those for a while I think :eek:
    I can hardly wait to get mine slaughtered(counting the feed bags/days :haha: ) My mouth is just watering at the thought of a nice slow bbq'd pork roast.
    Glad to hear you all down there are getting a break from those horrendous storms.